Considering buying a 2011 low mileage Roadster

Nav - I have 2 twin cam HDs now, and often finding neutral can be a bit of a PIA in both. But then sometimes too, either one will simply go to neutral with no problem.... don't know why that is but seems to be a popular HD thing. So, if I gotta hunt for neutral with this '11 Rocket I'm thinking of buying I should feel right at home :rolleyes: As for problems with the HD Twin Cam, I've had three of'm and never any problems. Maybe I'm just lucky ;) but that's not to say they don't have weaknesses, because they do. And I hear Harley's new M8 has had some problems too. Cheaping out on parts was and is a big mistake.

Thanks for the input fella's. Considering what I've read and what I've learned since looking into the Rockets (much of it on this forum thank you very much!!) I figured 2011 would be a good year Rocket to consider.

Didn't mean to turn this into a Harley bashing thread but the Twin Cam weakness was in the INA cam bearings and the cam chain tensioners. The fix for the early model TCs was the S&S gear drive and about the post 07 (or so) with the new back plate, upgrading the cam chain tensioners, like those on the Screamin' Eagle bikes, apparently fixed the issue. My point is I believe a positive one for the Rockets; that there are certain mechanical issues but they are rare and not systemic compared to issues like for Harley.

Didn't mean to turn this into a Harley bashing thread but the Twin Cam weakness was in the INA cam bearings and the cam chain tensioners. The fix for the early model TCs was the S&S gear drive and about the post 07 (or so) with the new back plate, upgrading the cam chain tensioners, like those on the Screamin' Eagle bikes, apparently fixed the issue. My point is I believe a positive one for the Rockets; that there are certain mechanical issues but they are rare and not systemic compared to issues like for Harley.

I know that Navigator, no problem here :cool:

Upgraded from a 2006 Rocket (4 sale) to a 2011 Roadster and lov'n it. My 8th bike in past seven years and best by far. Get it man.....

Hey there Journyman - Did you just recently buy your '11? And if so by chance did it come from Kentucky? I missed out on the Rocket I was referring to in this thread. No problem though 'cause now I'm leaning more towards a Touring, which would fit my riding habits better.

Willyone - Naw, got this one in NC near Durham from the original owner with 17k on it - he said it was his first motorcycle ;). I like the looks of the Roadster (of course your mileage may vary) and you can completely outfit them for touring when needed. Either way, great bikes!

I traded my last HD away for this 2014 R3 Roadster. I have not any weather that I could even ride in since i brought it home four days ago. plus while taking off the saddle bags, which are NOT quick disconnect that I need shorter screws to put it back together. I /m hot to ride this thing and if it does have problems I guess it's to late for me $$$$$$. Pony up any dough and go.

Back