Considering an 07 R3

if your not into doing maintenance and repairs yourself?
Formerly Manayunk Triump is a great dealer and Vince The manager will take care of you!
buy it you’ll like it, I promise!
Thanks! More worried about finding parts but looks like I'm covered there! Oddly the guy I bought it from gave a brand new. Throttle body assembly that he claimed was worth $2500.." Didn't say why he had it in the first place but the bike doesn't currently need it.

Last edited:
Well, I got it!
20200808_170417.jpg

Congratulations!!!! Please do let us what you think after your first ride. I want to hear about the perma-grin you’ll have! You’re going to love this bike.

Well ****. Got it home and took it for a spin. I can tell its going to be a phenomenal bike but something is seriously wrong with the idle. It's bad enough that it felt like I was engaging cruise control while driving. It's up to 3krpm while idling. Of course it didn't so it before I bought it. Hope this is an easy fix.

Well ****. Got it home and took it for a spin. I can tell its going to be a phenomenal bike but something is seriously wrong with the idle. It's bad enough that it felt like I was engaging cruise control while driving. It's up to 3krpm while idling. Of course it didn't so it before I bought it. Hope this is an easy fix.
What a drag! It didn’t do it when you ran it before you paid the guy? Some of the captains should be here shortly to advise on the issue. Sounds like a faulty throttle positioning sensor to me. If you haven’t already, try searching around the forum on the search bar. You are certainly not the first with this issue. Don’t give up on her! It doesn’t sound like a catastrophic failure to me.

What a drag! It didn’t do it when you ran it before you paid the guy?

Nope.. I mean, it was idling around 1800rpm when we first started it but I figured that was just the warm up idle and sure enough it went down after about 20 seconds. Murphy's Law right?

Nope.. I mean, it was idling around 1800rpm when we first started it but I figured that was just the warm up idle and sure enough it went down after about 20 seconds. Murphy's Law right?
That may well be what it was. If it idles smoothly then don't mess with anything yet.

That may well be what it was. If it idles smoothly then don't mess with anything yet.

No, I took it for a spin last night and after it warmed up it went crazy. It only idled smooth for a brief time (about the time it ran right before I bought it conveniently enough).

Back