Color code for Cardnial Red '05 Rocket

rusty

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Color code for Cardinal Red '05 Rocket

Hey everyone, I've always heard the paint code is hidden within the VIN number of most vehicles. Is this correct for the Triumph bikes? I need the color code of the Cardinal Red for a paint match. I even need to know if the "British" color scheme is compatible to what would be found here in America, or if there is a translation issue.

Need a quart of paint for this winter project, and a good can of "dent-no-more".

Anyone???

See ya.

Last edited:
Try these:

Triumph

Paint Search :: Color Results - ColorRite

Motorcycle Paint Supplies and Color Codes

Cycle Surge - Motorcycle Paint Supply & Bodywork Repair

It looks like different suppliers have different names for the same color? The first link looks to be the most promising.

Also... if you took your tank to a local automotive paint supply store they can scan and match it. House of Kolor, Ditzler and so on are custom mixed to match.

You might try calling your local Triumph dealer to get a paint code, Baxter's would help you. They would probably forward you to Phil Hartic (sp?) who they use for their paint.

The factory color may be a two or three stage paint (a base color coat, a top metalic coat, and a clear coat) so watch your wallet :eek:

Back