collector bike

grumpy

.020 Over
3 months after picking up my 05 rocket i got a certificate from triumph that said it was one or the 1st 200 imported in USA.any body else? everybody else?should i call leno tee hee hea jay i got somethin for yas $$$ greedy greedy greedy:p :p

Ancestry

Had been led into believing (based on another forum member's VIN research) that the true first ones had all been built, ex/imported and retailed world-wide during the second half of 2004:confused:

Which had to apply to mine, vintage (i.e. local registration) October of that year. Or so I thought:( , Grumpy

Jamie, -Triumph Rocket III- "Old Guard"?

Or mere "Second Squadron"?

grumpy said:
3 months after picking up my 05 rocket i got a certificate from triumph that said it was one or the 1st 200 imported in USA.any body else?

Yeah I got one... don't know where the hell it is now but I got one... two years ago back in June of 2004.

Wonder if the cert is based on VIN and you got an old bike thats been packed away somewhere or just an administrative mistake.

When did you buy your bike, Grumpy? I think all Rockets were listed as 2005 models in the US even though many were purchased in the summer of 2004. What happened to your foot?? :eek:

i got mine end of july 04. it was the first to the dealer here in maine.3 other guys were ahead of me and were pissed it was red .so i took it.ill someday paint it my own custom metalic green with black flames.i called triumph and was told it was real and the #1/200 was on all the certificats.but i could lie to my buds if i want.:p
long story shory clumbsey me and careless crew member on my boat.i told him he was lucky it was my right foot so i could still ride a little.:mad:

Well, I hope it heals fast. I get beat to crap all the time at work, WilburT probably does too... were just a couple of grease monkeys.

That must be fun stopping at lights....

Back