On some of the roadster clutches around 2012 had the what they called a shim I call it a washer. For which i see it does absolutely nothing ecvept rin out in the groove of the lifter piece and rattle.

P8180026_zpsaaded1db.jpg

P8180024_zps945dfcd3.jpg

I leave it out.

I left it out of mine too...no dramas yet

Gday This is what the locally made spring was in our tests. I took the Barnett springs down to a place where an old couple make springs and had them make me two sets to the same, most of the cost was in the set up for the springs. They perform nearly identical to the Barnett but are not as nicely finished. Didn't really need them but have another Rocket in the shed that I may change out to these springs.
Details please - As I don't have any Barnett to copy!. I have a mate in the UK that has access to +/- 1% stock and even better if matched sets. He uses them in air regulators up to about 200bar (3000 psi). With the spec's I can see if we can find sets.

Thanks for taking the time to sharing the info and do the testing.
If memory serves me correctly from working on valve springs in the past that the spring tension can decrease in time due to compression, heat and use?
If so a new stock spring might test a bit different?

Rick

Thanks for taking the time to sharing the info and do the testing.
If memory serves me correctly from working on valve springs in the past that the spring tension can decrease in time due to compression, heat and use?
If so a new stock spring might test a bit different?

Rick

Yes I suspect this is the case but didn't have brand new to compare was just making sure what I fitted was going to be an improvement.

Details please - As I don't have any Barnett to copy!. I have a mate in the UK that has access to +/- 1% stock and even better if matched sets. He uses them in air regulators up to about 200bar (3000 psi). With the spec's I can see if we can find sets.

Gday Ill tank some pics and measure up today and let you know. I just dropped off a sample and they posted them to me a few weeks later so didnt get any tech but can measure up no problems. The only sad thing was that in reality the aftermarket springs cost a little more than the Barnett units as there as a tooling fee, but I didnt do it for the price, however the additional cost would have been offset against the freight to down-under.

Here you go measured and drew up tonight.

My drawing program measures a spring from the blue crosses on the drawing, this would be correct if the ends were ground like the image. I had to jimmy the distances as I measured from the ends and wanted the drawing to show this.

Hope this is what you are after.

upload_2018-6-14_18-22-7.png

Back