I thinking about upgrading clutch and springs while the motor is apart any chance you want to sell a set of locally made springs?

Gday i had one spare set for my other R3 and Paul B has first dibs on the other set ask he may not wish to install his other springs now. I may get another couple of sets made though. Will check with Paul today.

Gday

So this afternoon I drove round to @Paul Bryant place and we made use of his very useful pressure tester.

Together we had.

1. Set of Barnett Clutch Springs
2. Set of MTC Clutch Springs
3. A locally made copy of the Barnett Springs by and old couple in Hawkes Bay
4. Set of OEM Springs out of my bike known to be slipping.

We ran two tests and repeated the tests. First test was compressing the springs until 60psi was reached the longest measurement was sought, in this the Barnett and locally made unit came out best followed by the MTC and finally the OEM.

Next we compressed all springs to a distance of 25mm (around 1") and read the pressure. The Barnett was best again, followed by the copy, then the MTC, then the OEM.

Not recommending brands here or anything this is just what we found and all three options are going to be better than the OEM springs.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

20180611_164343.jpg

Paul's lovely homemade pressure tester
20180611_164408.jpg

I've a set of EBC clutch springs here for a Rocket if you want to test them to see where they land in the ranking?

I have a set here, if you really want me to verify what I said above I can give you numbers. I did not need to test them with a tester, I just squeezed them with my fingers....

EBC ones are weaker than the stock ones.

I have a set here, if you really want me to verify what I said above I can give you numbers. I did not need to test them with a tester, I just squeezed them with my fingers....

Lolratfpmp

Neville does that squeeze test relate closey to downing a tinny and disposal of the empty?

Back