Clutch is smoked

MTC engineering is who I get my MTC parts from. They also have the springs I mentioned. I also should mention when you use their fibers you leave the anti judder spring and seat out of the clutch pack like up on the wall somewhere until you decide to pitch it :) If I need steels I use the OEM ones. you can use busa ones but you have to make sure you use the right combination to get the correct stack height. Another reason to stick with the OEM 15.78 each plates. Hylomar works great I can get away with pulling the cover three times before I need a new gasket. You really need to open her up to inspect and see what your really need then order the OEM stuff from Hermy's
Does the Judder spring seat still go on or do you put an extra clutch plate or do without all together. Thanks again.

Does the Judder spring seat still go on or do you put an extra clutch plate or do without all together. Thanks again.
Again you throw the anti judder ring and seat in the trash if your using the MTC Fiber set. Two of the OEM fibers had larger ID's so they would go over the anti judder spring and seat. You will use all the OEM (steel's) clutch plates 9ea. and the set of MTC fibers.

Again you throw the anti judder ring and seat in the trash if your using the MTC Fiber set. Two of the OEM fibers had larger ID's so they would go over the anti judder spring and seat. You will use all the OEM (steel's) clutch plates 9ea. and the set of MTC fibers.
Thanks Warp

I bought my Bike from Hermys, Port Clinton PA, and they installed the Update kit (free back in 2009).
Old school shop, solid service dept, too.

Silly thought maybe, but why not just get a Barnett cable, and replace original cable first before pulling apart a 2 year old bike. You will want a spare or new one anyway and it MAY just fix the slipping if there is not enough adjustment left in your current one or it allows a re-set of the lever seating. Then as warp said open it up and discover the problem before ordering the bits you may actually require to fix.

Truth is I am lazy and miserly.:unsure::D

I was able to adjust the lower lever and the clutch was slipping hard again before I got back home from a short ride. I don't want to replace the cable because I want taller bars eventually and will be replacing it then. I'm excited to get in there and see how things work and look at the clutch first hand. Hopefully this is the first upgrade for things to come.

I ordered clutch fibers and springs from MTC. They should be here next Wednesday or Thursday. The springs they sell for the Rocket 3 is the same part number as the KZ 900/1000.

After having taken it apart I have assessed that I had glazed the steels. It looks like I burnt the oil onto the steels and there was some black ash on the outer comp. I was looking at the exploded view pic this morning and can not remember if I had #23 in the picture on 24 when I put it back together. I don't remember seeing it and 24 has some play in there now that there wasn't before. GRRRRR. So I guess I've got to take the pressure plate back off to check. I ended up sanding the glaze off of the steels, cleaning them thoroughly and oiling them each as I alternated the new MTC fibers with the steels. I soaked the fibers overnight in the recommended mobile 1 oil.

Back