Clutch is smoked

Oops. I forgot to add this.
10005371842.jpg

BigNorm is now known as Friar Clutch :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Go fast my son. I think I need to go to drag racing school or buy a clutch built for the purpose if I do that again. I'm getting a 10 dollar gasket overnited ($20 extra) to my Local Dealer so I can hopefully get it done tomorrow.

I got the CTM fibers in with the stock steels. All of the steels were glazed so I sanded the glaze off. It looks like I burnt the oil onto the steels. There was ash in there that I needed to clean up. I didn't see any bluing. I like the extra pull of the CTM springs as well. Most importantly I am enjoying that the clutch is no longer slipping. I hope I get alot of miles out of this setup. Next time I'll change out the steels. Hopefully not soon.

I got the CTM fibers in with the stock steels. All of the steels were glazed so I sanded the glaze off. It looks like I burnt the oil onto the steels. There was ash in there that I needed to clean up. I didn't see any bluing. I like the extra pull of the CTM springs as well. Most importantly I am enjoying that the clutch is no longer slipping. I hope I get alot of miles out of this setup. Next time I'll change out the steels. Hopefully not soon.
Did sanding the old steels work out? Im just currious becuase bike bandit only sent me one plate. I am also interested in saving the extra $128.00.

I've never had clutch problem personally, but there is a bike shop close to where I live and they only install Oem clutch plates. If they hop up the engine they still use Oem clutch plates with Hyabusa springs & Barnett cable.

Did sanding the old steels work out? Im just currious becuase bike bandit only sent me one plate. I am also interested in saving the extra $128.00.
It worked. I used a grinder with sandpaper disk and gently feathered the glaze off, washed them off with dish soap in the kitchen sink and then cleaned them with clean oil. I soaked the fibers overnight in fresh oil and assembled it all wet. I'm not sure if this is "right " but it has worked for me ever since.

It worked. I used a grinder with sandpaper disk and gently feathered the glaze off, washed them off with dish soap in the kitchen sink and then cleaned them with clean oil. I soaked the fibers overnight in fresh oil and assembled it all wet. I'm not sure if this is "right " but it has worked for me ever since.

Text book :thumbsup:

Well guys im just shy of a 200 mile update! So far and im very impressed. I used MTC fibers barnet springs and OEM steels that i had wet sanded with 320 grit on a flat surface. The clutch feels very good. Im happy with how it shifts neutral is finally easy to find! And the 2nd gear clunk that i thought was normal since mile 1 is now gone. All gears are now a very nice click with positive feedback. Meaning it doesnt sound like its breaking somthing and the the shifts feel very “secure”. The bike will also now pull a wheelie in first with a full tank of gas. That just twisty the throttle at about 2500 rpm. It has never done that before and i was rather impressed. Its makes me wonder if the stock clutch wasnt right since day one? Im very happy with it and i would recomend what i did to anybody!

Back