Clutch is smoked

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
I didn't think I was playing that hard. I really didn't. So now it's time to pay. I adjusted the hell out of the clutch last night including moving the arm on the case to give it a little more play. It turns out I did adjust it correctly as adjusting it the opposite way just keeps pulling on the lever which is why I did what I did in the first place. Anywho I am unable to ride at higher rpms without slippage. I'm guessing around 3500+ since I have the touring with no tach so I'm split between Barnett and MTC. I'm going to buy the steels at the same time since I don't want to have to deal with them if they are glazed. Which is the better clutch and if there is a better one please let me know. Thanks. NORM

MTC fibers and OEM Clutch plates if needed. Maybe add the KZ 900/1000 clutch springs to make her a little stiffer. Lifter piece and lifter shaft will have to be inspected and decisions made on them as to whether they need replacing or not.

I hear Barnett makes some nice cables if you end up ever needing a set. As for their clutches well may I point out what I wrote above :D

MTC fibers and OEM Clutch plates if needed. Maybe add the KZ 900/1000 clutch springs to make her a little stiffer. Lifter piece and lifter shaft will have to be inspected and decisions made on them as to whether they need replacing or not.

I hear Barnett makes some nice cables if you end up ever needing a set. As for their clutches well may I point out what I wrote above :D
Thanks Warp

Are there any good sources for gaskets? I loved cometic but it doesn't look like they make any for the R3.

They do make nice cables.:cautious:

and what dealer do you recommend for the MTC parts?
MTC engineering is who I get my MTC parts from. They also have the springs I mentioned. I also should mention when you use their fibers you leave the anti judder spring and seat out of the clutch pack like up on the wall somewhere until you decide to pitch it :) If I need steels I use the OEM ones. you can use busa ones but you have to make sure you use the right combination to get the correct stack height. Another reason to stick with the OEM 15.78 each plates. Hylomar works great I can get away with pulling the cover three times before I need a new gasket. You really need to open her up to inspect and see what your really need then order the OEM stuff from Hermy's

Cool so leave the anti judder spring out (I saw it in the manual :) ) and replace the fibers with MTC plates from MTC. If my plates look bad I can order them from Hermy. Can I have a link for Hermy? Thank you for your help Warp.

Back