CLUTCH cable adjustment SEEMINGLY WORST part of engine SWAP!!!??

hello all. So I've got my pride n joy on the Virge of taking out for a test run after a lengthy and enjoyable engine swap. BUT this step is baffling me after combing over many many threads of this similar/ exact same issue. With following the captains n gurus step by step words of wisdom....haha she still don't wanna work with me. Here's my trouble n how I tried to follow the steps
>1st adjustment was threading the cable until almost flush up at the lever
2nd>I then went to the connection at the actuator arm with the two adjustment nuts, slowly threading down until the clutch lever had enough freeplay to fit a penny and dime into this space
20210611_144120.jpg

(Bad pic to show. I am depressing clutch lever in just as actuator begins to disengage, while placing my coin spacers by gap.)
3>From here I started to adjust only at the handle bar lever. But not really seeing huge progress.
Yes awhile in first gear. Cannot push. With clutch lever fully depressed bike can slowly be pushed but with resistance....Any further advice or tips would be unbelievably welcome and yet again appreciated.
To recap this is a used 2014 rocket 3 roadster engine wt 30,107 miles on it...so far engine has shown no signs of not being as advertised. A very straight up purchase. Where no description of faulty or worn clutch components were to be described
20210611_143634.jpg
later in this thread i tried posting a picture of instructions that i related to more easily, and was indeed able to adjust to perfect..so heres another attempt to give those in need of a similar how to;)
hello all. So I've got my pride n joy on the Virge of taking out for a test run after a lengthy and enjoyable engine swap. BUT this step is baffling me after combing over many many threads of this similar/ exact same issue. With following the captains n gurus step by step words of wisdom....haha she still don't wanna work with me. Here's my trouble n how I tried to follow the steps
>1st adjustment was threading the cable until almost flush up at the lever
2nd>I then went to the connection at the actuator arm with the two adjustment nuts, slowly threading down until the clutch lever had enough freeplay to fit a penny and dime into this space
20210611_144120.jpg

(Bad pic to show. I am depressing clutch lever in just as actuator begins to disengage, while placing my coin spacers by gap.)
3>From here I started to adjust only at the handle bar lever. But not really seeing huge progress.
Yes awhile in first gear. Cannot push. With clutch lever fully depressed bike can slowly be pushed but with resistance....Any further advice or tips would be unbelievably welcome and yet again appreciated.
To recap this is a used 2014 rocket 3 roadster engine wt 30,107 miles on it...so far engine has shown no signs of not being as advertised. A very straight up purchase. Where no description of faulty or worn clutch components were to be described
20210611_143634.jpg
****LOOK HERE***this link should be all thats needed to help anyone having issues adjusting their clutch cable! i tried posting what helped me sync cable in the end. link was trash***HERE IT IS***;)**

Last edited:
Back