sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Coming home from work yesterday I had a lady in a very expensive SUV slam on her brakes as she came up from behind at a stop light. Saw it coming and split lanes. She would have nailed me if i was not paying attention. Of course i flipped her off and turned the air blue with four letter words. She continued to look straight forward and made no response. Resumed travel after light changed and she ended up behind me again. Next light was yellow so i move over into the right hand lane to avoid a repeat. She plowed a poor guy in a brand new pickup. Never even touched her brakes at the red light. Am sitting a few feet back from all this and the guy in the pickup jumps out and screams **** what the ****. Then he goes up to the lady in the SUV and the next thing i hear is "YOUR ****ING DRUNK OFF YOUR ASS. The lady was so drunk i do not believe she even realized what she had done. I thought about this all the way home. If i had been in neutral and not paying attention to traffic at the light she would have nailed me. As it was the next light she did succeed at nailing somebody. Point is pay attention even on a nice ride home.:):):):):)

I hate it, but distracted drivers are starting to take the fun out of riding for me. Events over the last few years are making me realize I'm not invincible any more. I do my best to stay out of congested areas anymore and don't ride at night. I've been riding since I was 11 years old. I don't have any other hobbies. I hope it's not ruined for me.

Riding 99% rural, I rarely get in situations like that, but once towing my Rocket to my daughter's in Raleigh, traffic on interstate stopped quickly. I looked in my rear view mirror and there was an SUV with all 4 tires smoking locked up sliding at me. At the last minute he swerved on to the median and slid 100 yards past me with the wheels still locked, definitely would have wiped out my bike and trailer.

I hate it, but distracted drivers are starting to take the fun out of riding for me. Events over the last few years are making me realize I'm not invincible any more. I do my best to stay out of congested areas anymore and don't ride at night. I've been riding since I was 11 years old. I don't have any other hobbies. I hope it's not ruined for me.

Same for me, every time I ride these day’s could have been taken out by drivers usually more interested in their in car entertainment,sat nav or mobile phone than maybe checking their mirrors before changing lanes, really does take the fun out of riding some days, really glad I don’t have to commute by bike anymore.

The thing that gets me is up to about a month ago my ride home from work was usually done between the hours of 1AM-3AM. Never had a issue. Get a day time job and almost get taken out by a drunk driver at 3PM? 90 percent of my commute is open highway. Okmulgee is the only town i drive through on Hwy 75 and it is a very small town. Don't get me wrong got nothing against drinking but if your drinking why drive. If i had been in my fiat at the light it would have been totaled. Lucky for me i was paying attention and had time to react.

Back