Caught a close call on my bike cameras

CaffeineBuzz

Standard Bore
Ride
2017 FLXHSE CVO Street Glide
I have a dual channel camera system on my bike that writes to a dvr. A few days ago, I remembered an incident from back in October and hoped i'd be able to pull it before the file got written over.

The timing was perfect and I got it on both cameras.

If you want to have a look, here they are. They are short 10 second videos.

This is the front cam. I'm in a group ride and you'll a lone biker coming in the opposing lane. Right before he goes out of view, you'll see that he just realizes that the cars ahead of him are stopped.

Here's the outcome:

Great video. Look, we all make mistakes and God knows I certainly have. But, if I said it once I'll say it a thousand times. Use your front brake. DO NOT lock up your rear brake you'll just slide. Practice emergency stops a few times a month in a parking lot and then when the real thing happens you won't lock up your rear brake and lose control like this guy. Glad he is okay although. I bet he had to pry the seat out of his ass. Self inflicted I might add. :thumbsup:

That dude was probably distracted by your group driving by. And then you have "the wave" many bikers give to oncoming riders which to me is a further distraction (although it doesn't seem to have been an issue in this instance). Lucky he was able to pull it together... skid marks and all. Looks like he locked up the rear wheel pretty good.

he was most definitely distracted....we were a big group....50 bikes or so...I was in the middle of the pack

we broke off from the group at the next stop, which was in Hell, Michigan....this group spent too much time in the bar drinking and not enough riding....just not my thing...glad I was with a small group that wasn't into that kind of a day....we rode a bit, stopped for a nice lunch and then rode some more :)

There are 3 of us that typically ride together where I live. One fellow has a Sportster, the other an F6B and myself on the Rocket. All retired. Average between 300 to 400 kms per ride. Take in lunch and several smoke breaks (the Harley rider... cough) before calling it a day. Rarely ride with more riders than that.

Back