Never.
Just now (approx 11000 km from last service interval) I checked, because I heard non-standard sounds on idle and also rpm's fluctuate from 1000 to 1100. I must add maybe 2 dcl of oil. Fluctuating of rpm's remains.

I went ahead and checked my oil level the day after my 600mi service following the prescribed procedure and it showed right in the middle of the cross hatched section.
So lets say one day it shows only 1/4 of the way up, how would I know how much oil to add considering it distributes it during the 60-90 second idle being cold.
Can I just add until it shows the proper level on the dipstick or do I have to wait for the bike to be cold again and repeat the procedure until the level is right?

I went ahead and checked my oil level the day after my 600mi service following the prescribed procedure and it showed right in the middle of the cross hatched section.
So lets say one day it shows only 1/4 of the way up, how would I know how much oil to add considering it distributes it during the 60-90 second idle being cold.
Can I just add until it shows the proper level on the dipstick or do I have to wait for the bike to be cold again and repeat the procedure until the level is right?

on transmissions i check them cold and hot so i know where the level is whether it is cold or hot. some of these new vehicles says 130 some says check the transmission 190 and it is impossible to get the transmission to 190 degress on a cool day and it is allways great when the put the stick beside the catylitic convertor which heats to 600 degreess.
i do my motors the same way.

on transmissions i check them cold and hot so i know where the level is whether it is cold or hot. some of these new vehicles says 130 some says check the transmission 190 and it is impossible to get the transmission to 190 degress on a cool day and it is allways great when the put the stick beside the catylitic convertor which heats to 600 degreess.
i do my motors the same way.
Ok, but what about my question about the Rocket?

well do not carve this in stone
if it was mine i would look at it like i do not think of is running to get it a little to get warm but as running it long enough to get the areas filled up so you can do a proper cold ckeck.
so would assume that you could do this several times before it would get warm enough to throw off the reading.
hth herman

Back