Cerakote doing my header in

Thanks Mick . I wanted the CES for so long but could never justify the cost . Not that it was unreasonable , more the fact that by the time HMRC took their bite in import duties and VAT it would have left a bad taste in my mouth . The price I paid for the used header , plus duties , plus refinishing worked out to be around half the price of a new Set. I never even considered that the cerakote chrome finish wouldn't be available here ! Still , after all is said and done , I do finally have the pipes , for which I am made up so all in all , colour of finish is just a detail I will get my head around . It's the pipes that count !

Of course it is the pipes that count. You honestly will love them. They still sound great, make more power, are not obnoxious loud and look great.

That is still in the pipeline , but I can't talk about it , not with copy right laws and such like . A stainless version would be the muts nuts tho !
Just my opinion here master Nat.

In general stainless is nowhere near as good from a gas flow performance pov. Being a shyte thermal conductor it creates hot (and thus colder) spots. Good quality blue steel - with ceramic'd insides: and outside (or chrome) for aesthetics. Stainless can be a bit of a misnomer - it does (ime) discolour. Even double skinning can fail.

All stainless and not insubstantial either. I have some cermakrome ceramic and one day hope to get around to doing these.

Nat...take heart in the fact that you are not alone. I have had multiple sets re-coated by multiple vendors and they rarely stand up to what is expected. I have simply resigned myself to the fact that they will need to be re-coated every few years. My next set will go to Jet Hot Coatings to try their services, but realistically I expect them to be no better than the others I've tried.

Nat...take heart in the fact that you are not alone. I have had multiple sets re-coated by multiple vendors and they rarely stand up to what is expected. I have simply resigned myself to the fact that they will need to be re-coated every few years. My next set will go to Jet Hot Coatings to try their services, but realistically I expect them to be no better than the others I've tried.
It's a minefield isn't it ?

Just my opinion here master Nat.

In general stainless is nowhere near as good from a gas flow performance pov. Being a shyte thermal conductor it creates hot (and thus colder) spots. Good quality blue steel - with ceramic'd insides: and outside (or chrome) for aesthetics. Stainless can be a bit of a misnomer - it does (ime) discolour. Even double skinning can fail.

All stainless and not insubstantial either. I have some cermakrome ceramic and one day hope to get around to doing these.
Once again Chris talks sense ! Could also be that stainless is harder to work with ? Can't believe you let that Guzzy get in such a state , bloody poor show ! This is another thing , the interweb is full of helpful people who are happy to sell you cerakote chrome paint , but the application and finishing of it is way beyond your average home mechanic . It's bloody labour intensive to say the very least , which explains why none of the applicators in Blighty can be arsed with it !

Back