Cerakote doing my header in

Nat67

Rockgoblin
Ride
Rocket 3 2010 roadster
Well after scouring the Google's looking for a cerakote applicator to refinish my recently acquired CES, I finally found my man , or so I thought ? After mailing photos of a new CES header , most applicators said fairly and honestly enough that they couldn't match the finish . One however , Tactical Coatings UK mailed me back to say they could match the finish I required all in at £210 GBP . Payment required up front , I sent the pipes off . They came back a very far cry from the Chrome effect I wanted , more like a tatty thinly applied satin silver .Arguing with them was fruitless , being told that the colour I agreed was Arctic silver . The colour of what I agreed , was to match the finish in the photos . If I am informed that colour is Arctic silver , then who am I to argue with the professional's ? With deposit payed and dyno booked for tuesday and events theron after , I will not be able to resolve the situation or find another coater this season . The thought of bolting this rattle can look of an abortion to my beloved Torquemonster is keeping me up at night ! On further investigation , I learn the finish I was looking for is Cerakote Chrome . I cannot find anyone in the UK as yet , that use it . Can any UK captains who know different please let me know . Was toying with the idea of having them nickel plated but I don't think it would stand up to the heat ? And besides that , any plater worth their salt are not going to put a used header in their precious vats !

What is Arctic Silver as a colour? Was it the Arctic winter version that was used? A very disappointing experience. If anyone asks me for cash up front, the alarm bells ring loud enough to pi$$ off the Hunch back of Notre Dame. Solution..?? No ideas my friend on who to speak to to repair the mess... Good luck on finding a solution.

Sorry to hear of your travails Nat. The original coatings do go dull but are supposedly re-polishable according to the CES website.
Thanks @Ishrub . I bought the headers from another one of your countrymen and believe they could quite possibly have once been yours :rolleyes: however , I bought them under no illusion that they wouldn't benefit from a facelift . How hard could it be ? Well it seems that the cerakote arctic chrome hasn't quite reached these shores yet . Looks like I will have to live with it looking like it's been painted in Airfix aluminium until the boat arrives ? Unless I blast it , polish the **** out of it and have it Cerakote clear coated . Now there's a thought ! :thumbsdown: :)

What is Arctic Silver as a colour? Was it the Arctic winter version that was used? A very disappointing experience. If anyone asks me for cash up front, the alarm bells ring loud enough to pi$$ off the Hunch back of Notre Dame. Solution..?? No ideas my friend on who to speak to to repair the mess... Good luck on finding a solution.
The Arctic silver looks like the colour you painted the wheel struts on your Airfix Spitfire when you was a wee lad . I've polished the crap out of it and it still looks like a VMax air scoop . It looks crap compared to the black and chrome around it . I can't be arsed to argue with someone who clearly hasn't got the competence to follow up their claims . If they bull****ted me coz they was short of work , I hope the money helps keep the wolf off their backs? If they blatantly lied , then karma dictates his wife is gonna shag the milkman ! .The only other explanation is that the fella is blind as a bat and thought the HD photos of the factory finish matched exactly his cheap plastic washing up bowl . I like to think it was the latter ! :banghead:

The Arctic silver looks like the colour you painted the wheel struts on your Airfix Spitfire when you was a wee lad . I've polished the crap out of it and it still looks like a VMax air scoop . It looks crap compared to the black and chrome around it . I can't be arsed to argue with someone who clearly hasn't got the competence to follow up their claims . If they bull****ted me coz they was short of work , I hope the money helps keep the wolf off their backs? If they blatantly lied , then karma dictates his wife is gonna shag the milkman ! .The only other explanation is that the fella is blind as a bat and thought the HD photos of the factory finish matched exactly his cheap plastic washing up bowl . I like to think it was the latter ! :banghead:
He is probably Scottish ? But then again , I don't believe they do an Arctic ginger ? :D

I am sorry to hear this, mate. I was gonna coat them black so I hadn't looked into the silver options. On the up side, they should make your Rocket go like a ... rocket.

Back