Can't reset odometer

Animal666

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 classic 2004
I just bought a R3 2004 and therefore new to this forum thing, but I have a problem with the odo meter on my R3. I can't reset or switch between moeds using the reset knob. I did everything according the manual. When I turn on the Bike I can see for a split second Trip 1 on my ODO but what ever I do can't change a thing. Does anyone recognise this, and if so can I fix this or am I doing something wrong?

It's also possible someone put the knob on wrong. It has a tiny phillips screw in the center. Remove screw and pull knob out until it can rotate. Continue rotating until it goes back on, then try it. If it still doesn't work, turn it again until it goes on.

my speedo knob is spring loaded and turns counter clockwise. it seems to make a 1/8 turn. also i might add that it does not need to even reach the stop to reset total miles/trip 1/ trip2.
if it is held over for a couple of seconds it will reset the trips on 1 and 2.
hth
now i do remember someone that broke the inside part by turning it to hard so most of the time i do not even hit the stop.

Did notice the important stuff and clued you all in. Don't get me wrong would not trade your exhaust system for the spring loaded stuff. Good to hear you got a easy fix. Still figure and know i got the best exhaust system out there for every day riding. Very happy camper. Still going out to the front pourch and playing with the button watching the gauge go back and forth. What wonders will ever cease.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Back