Can a Rocket III take down the establishment, and rule this island

Have you considered struts instead of shocks on rear

What would you suggest?

As they don't make one for a rocket which one is this?

From what i gather, they do a standalone system for a handful of bikes, but this is just a switch with 2 wires ran to the PCV. I've the ignition module too so will see does it cut fuel & ignition or just one

Weaving would not be good. Guess if DS was better for drag racing, the pros would all be using them? Unless car tyres are against the rules for bike drags or something. But nobody wants a weave.

First bit arrived today

20220708_172215.jpg
Looks like all the major drag bikes here are running wide slicks and useless rules prohibit it, would be my first choice. They are using wheelie bars also.

Supporting bits

WARNING thinking out loud.
So making the power to do it is one thing - putting it down and controlling it is another.

Looking at a few bits to help. If anyone has experience, thoughts or tips please feel free to advise. All is appreciated.

• Gear changes cost major time. I think turning up to 9000rpm is a best way of reducing quantity of gear changes over the 402m run. Also have a quickshifter on order, to make the shifts I have to do as punchy as possible, hell if it shaves a tenth off it will be worth it. I must have one of everything that Dynojet make at this stage...
  • Optimal suspension setup for the holeshot. Something I have to research and play with. I know guys get aftermarket shocks and swear by them, but I'm not looking for bling, touring comfort or cornering handling here - specifically I want the optimum setup for a launch. Maybe a pair of 444s and crank up the preload?
  • Optimal tyre pressure for launch grip but stable at 180mph+. Dare I ask... would a darkside be better than a bike tyre?
  • Aerodynamics - got a CarbonDryJapan "angry" flyscreen that deflects a surprising amount of air off me. That's about all I got!
  • Clutch - pretty well tricked at present - MTC billet basket and fibers, longer spring tower bolts, hydraulic conversion on lifter, Triumph MC and lever.
  • Traction control - considering an aftermarket standalone system. But my ignition system is already a bowl of spaghetti with knock/retard control and ignition piggyback tuner.
  • Steering damper - last thing I need at 3 figure speeds is a tank slapper. Radial or linear?
  • Power delivery profile - between the Stroker and the supercharger this Rocket will have be the torqueiest on the planet. The Carpenter cams are shoving peak up the revs, which is good, thinking secondaries to dampen the brute force at lower RPMs in the lower gears too.
  • Quarter mile timer - will need to know where I stand when practicing - looking at Dragy or similar since apparently the phone apps aren't very accurate. Tenths of a second matter here.
As far as suspension think front should be able to rise with minimum resistance, then figure how to keep tire on pavement. Think rear suspension should drop to allow weight to transfer without losing control. Would bring out of hole the as high an rpm as possible, possibly starting in second. No one can give you the answere, only you can fhrough trial and error. Will be struggles but you will work/figure them out. What ever the outcome wishing you the best.

Maybe right or wrong jmo On the front u need a spring that will hold the suspension near the top that way u will not lose time when it rises and will be at the top should it come off the ground

On the rear i am against solid
I think lightest spring u can find and if it is at the bottom with u sitting on it that would b good
I think that when the clutch is released the torque will try to push down on the rear wheel while lifting u and the frame making for greater traction
Again jmo to try or not
A rail.i used to run in the mud bogs
I had set this way as long as u were on the throttle it would ride high and when u let off it was a rough ride because it would be on the differential

Sure is a lot to think about on the suspension. From what I see everyone here is running bike tyres, except the nitrous FJ1200 with wheelie bar (found a video which gives a pretty good look at the setup of the event)

Sure is a lot to think about on the suspension. From what I see everyone here is running bike tyres, except the nitrous FJ1200 with wheelie bar (found a video which gives a pretty good look at the setup of the event)

Wider tire, more fricton, better traction, less slipage. At NHRA events here in the states all are running wide slick and wheelie bars. You've got a lot of issues to work through.

Strangely enough the one guy at this race who runs a wide slick car tyre and wheelie bar almost never gets anywhere or even a good run from what I've seen. Bike seems to be troublesome.
A lot of issues can contribute to that. Never one simple answer, if it was we'd all be doing the same thing and probably not be riding at all, what a boring life that would be.

Back