Can a Rocket III take down the establishment, and rule this island

If you run with the traction control on you'll be safer but you best time will be off from .2 to .4 seconds, but it might be a good idea until you get some practice runs in.

this may sound stupid to racers but
if u have enough power for the bike to stand straight up in low why not control it with the secondary's like 88% in first @ 4800 rpm.
same in 2nd

The secondaries are not a bad idea to limit power delivery in lower gears - think I'd prefer that to mapping by gear. Was thinking of an aftermarket traction controller as the 'track' is just a public road, not a tacky prepped drag racing surface - expecting wheelspin to be a problem.

The secondaries are not a bad idea to limit power delivery in lower gears - think I'd prefer that to mapping by gear. Was thinking of an aftermarket traction controller as the 'track' is just a public road, not a tacky prepped drag racing surface - expecting wheelspin to be a problem.
That much horsepower will certainly overcome the track in first and most likely 2nd gear.

Power maths & plan

I'm thinking my Carpenter 240 engine which made 220whp (what my Carpenter bike did with a custom 3-1-2 exhaust, triple pods with moisture socks and bearclaw present did), add about 10%... no wait say 8% we'll say to be modest with the addition of the Stroker, and run 7 psi on the blower with my custom made small (85mm) crank pulley...
calculating that to be about 350whp or 410 crank based on the stock bike losing 15% to the wheel.

Effective final compression will be about 17:1 and I running our standard 95 RON fuel (southern Ireland sucks for motorsport, 95 RON is all we can get), a lot of ignition taken out so the power might be a bit less than 350 wheel.
Effectively the engine would be inducting 2.5L of air every few revs and compressing it by 17:1.
Still only 2.5L of air though...

So I'm planning on taking a step backwards, in order to take 2 steps forward.

The high comp 11-11.8:1 pistons are coming out, and being replaced with custom made 8.0:1 turbo pistons (currently being ordered).
The idea here is to lower compression so that more boost can be used, effectively putting more air (and thus fuel) through the engine in the same time.
E.g. if I ran 1 Bar boost, the engine would be inducting 5.0L of air every few revs, instead of the 2.5L when normally aspirated.
Moar airs = moar horsepowers.

Of course the engine will make a lot more power because it can process more air in the same time.
Calculation - knock the 220whp back to say 200 by reducing compression from 11.8 to 8 (the 210hp Carpenter kit is with stock 8.7:1 pistons).

Stroke that and add 8%. 215whp at atmospheric pressure of 1 bar.

With compression of 8.0:1 I can run a touch over 1 bar boost and have an overall effective compression of 17.0:1 again.
But with 1 bar boost, that doubles the hp to 430whp or 500+ crank.

Now the C30-94 blower spec says it will support 'up to 435hp' so I need to check the flowrates. Pressure and flow are not the same...

As a side issue ... I just happened on a TV broadcast of Top Fuellers running drags somewhere and it's almost impossible to comprehend that they can get off the mark to around 500 KMH in less than four seconds. Absolutely astonishing. I suppose 10-11,000 HP helps.

Maybe Arthur could screw up the boost further and give them a run......???

As a side issue ... I just happened on a TV broadcast of Top Fuellers running drags somewhere and it's almost impossible to comprehend that they can get off the mark to around 500 KMH in less than four seconds. Absolutely astonishing. I suppose 10-11,000 HP helps.

Maybe Arthur could screw up the boost further and give them a run......???

Those engines only need to last a few seconds, they have it easy.. my bike has to remain reliable and street legal(ish). It will be such a delight to see a big heavy cruiser with number plate and pump fuel (might throw some octane booster in there though) embarrass a heap of tuned track only sportbikes :)

Those engines only need to last a few seconds, they have it easy.. my bike has to remain reliable and street legal(ish). It will be such a delight to see a big heavy cruiser with number plate and pump fuel (might throw some octane booster in there though) embarrass a heap of tuned track only sportbikes :)
Go get ‘em fer us.

Possibly work with flywheel,pressure plate and clutch disc's manufacturers to make slipper clutch like those used on dragsters and funny cars. Don't know if that is even feasible, just a thought.

Possibly work with flywheel,pressure plate and clutch disc's manufacturers to make slipper clutch like those used on dragsters and funny cars. Don't know if that is even feasible, just a thought.
Keeping the legal appearance vs. race only sure makes it more difficult. Easier to build an all out racer.

Back