Can a Rocket III take down the establishment, and rule this island

Always a good feeling to have a sleeper that kick everybody 's a**
download (5).jpeg

Supporting bits

WARNING thinking out loud.
So making the power to do it is one thing - putting it down and controlling it is another.

Looking at a few bits to help. If anyone has experience, thoughts or tips please feel free to advise. All is appreciated.

• Gear changes cost major time. I think turning up to 9000rpm is a best way of reducing quantity of gear changes over the 402m run. Also have a quickshifter on order, to make the shifts I have to do as punchy as possible, hell if it shaves a tenth off it will be worth it. I must have one of everything that Dynojet make at this stage...
  • Optimal suspension setup for the holeshot. Something I have to research and play with. I know guys get aftermarket shocks and swear by them, but I'm not looking for bling, touring comfort or cornering handling here - specifically I want the optimum setup for a launch. Maybe a pair of 444s and crank up the preload?
  • Optimal tyre pressure for launch grip but stable at 180mph+. Dare I ask... would a darkside be better than a bike tyre?
  • Aerodynamics - got a CarbonDryJapan "angry" flyscreen that deflects a surprising amount of air off me. That's about all I got!
  • Clutch - pretty well tricked at present - MTC billet basket and fibers, longer spring tower bolts, hydraulic conversion on lifter, Triumph MC and lever.
  • Traction control - considering an aftermarket standalone system. But my ignition system is already a bowl of spaghetti with knock/retard control and ignition piggyback tuner.
  • Steering damper - last thing I need at 3 figure speeds is a tank slapper. Radial or linear?
  • Power delivery profile - between the Stroker and the supercharger this Rocket will have be the torqueiest on the planet. The Carpenter cams are shoving peak up the revs, which is good, thinking secondaries to dampen the brute force at lower RPMs in the lower gears too.
  • Quarter mile timer - will need to know where I stand when practicing - looking at Dragy or similar since apparently the phone apps aren't very accurate. Tenths of a second matter here.
  • Shift light - not so much bling, but when you wind it past the stock 8000rpm tacho limit (on Roadsters the needle just stops at 8k), you can hit the limiter easily. Don't need that happening in a race where tenths matter. Plus I don't need to be glancing down repeatedly at tacho when doing MACH-3

Last edited:
I think you are on the right track (sorry for the pun) with a car tire. Sticky dark side rubber will offer lots of traction. The down side will be trying to keep the front tire on the pavement. You probably already struggle with that.

The lower profile will give a lower gearing might be able to start in second and let it rip to near 9000.

Supporting bits

WARNING thinking out loud.
So making the power to do it is one thing - putting it down and controlling it is another.

Looking at a few bits to help. If anyone has experience, thoughts or tips please feel free to advise. All is appreciated.

• Gear changes cost major time. I think turning up to 9000rpm is a best way of reducing quantity of gear changes over the 402m run. Also have a quickshifter on order, to make the shifts I have to do as punchy as possible, hell if it shaves a tenth off it will be worth it. I must have one of everything that Dynojet make at this stage...
  • Optimal suspension setup for the holeshot. Something I have to research and play with. I know guys get aftermarket shocks and swear by them, but I'm not looking for bling, touring comfort or cornering handling here - specifically I want the optimum setup for a launch. Maybe a pair of 444s and crank up the preload?
  • Optimal tyre pressure for launch grip but stable at 180mph+. Dare I ask... would a darkside be better than a bike tyre?
  • Aerodynamics - got a CarbonDryJapan "angry" flyscreen that deflects a surprising amount of air off me. That's about all I got!
  • Clutch - pretty well tricked at present - MTC billet basket and fibers, longer spring tower bolts, hydraulic conversion on lifter, Triumph MC and lever.
  • Traction control - considering an aftermarket standalone system. But my ignition system is already a bowl of spaghetti with knock/retard control and ignition piggyback tuner.
  • Steering damper - last thing I need at 3 figure speeds is a tank slapper. Radial or linear?
  • Power delivery profile - between the Stroker and the supercharger this Rocket will have be the torqueiest on the planet. The Carpenter cams are shoving peak up the revs, which is good, thinking secondaries to dampen the brute force at lower RPMs in the lower gears too.
My only experience with DS on an R3 was that over 100 mph it started weaving. Your results may vary.

My only experience with DS on an R3 was that over 100 mph it started weaving. Your results may vary.

Weaving would not be good. Guess if DS was better for drag racing, the pros would all be using them? Unless car tyres are against the rules for bike drags or something. But nobody wants a weave.

First bit arrived today

20220708_172215.jpg

Back