Butcher The Bearclaw Stage 1

R34ME

.060 Over
Well got up this morning with that what can I cut up today feeling, out to the garage and get the bearclaw out its from storage, first stage of the butchering process. I bolted back on I adjusted so there is a 5 mm gap around the top, will go for a longer ride around town then open road in the morning with digital thermometer tucked under there and see what she reads, will yet you all know.

Clean Looking Mod

Really looks great and I like some of the bear claw still showing on top. I wonder how the filters will do when you're in a bit of rain? Hopefully they wouldn't get too wet.

Also was wondering what the orange piece was under the left foot. The close up picture (#3) was cropped at the bottom and I couldn't see what is was.

Thanks for the positive comments, yea I hope it will help keep some rain off them, the orange and black sticker on the lower foot peg rail is advertising the K&N,s :)

Really looks great and I like some of the bear claw still showing on top. I wonder how the filters will do when you're in a bit of rain? Hopefully they wouldn't get too wet

Yes, a very clean looking mod you have there. I like!!

I heard on our news that Australia is experiencing a 1000 year drought so I guess your mod should have little rain issues.:D

I taped the claw up to protect the shinny bits, used a permenant marker for the cut line then used a jigsaw with fine tooth metal blade, it was tricky as the claw is anything but flat, but if you take your time she's good, finished the cut edge with a hand grinder and disc then file finish. It actually came up very well I almost surprised myself, also my friend who is a panelbeater and was the first person to see it in the flesh was surprised at how well finished it looked, I may well go to the next step watch this space.:cool:

Very nice looking R34ME,you have a good steady hand with the blade and steered the grinder well.Compliments on you handiwork.

Back