Burning Oil, now an oil leak

Update: My feelings are hurt.
I noticed a puddle of oil under Brahma today at work. Evidently, my starter is leaking engine oil. Yeah, I know that is not the case but that is where the oil is dripping from, the back of the starter motor. The area of the puddle is about 4" by 6". I cannot see where the leak stems from. I also noticed that there is a lessor leak dripping from my water pump up front.
As far as I can see without taking anything off, the engine is dray up top.
I am guessing I cam going to need to become close friends with someone soon who can help i.e. has the tools and space where an engine refurb can occur. I surely cannot afford to do this at the dealer. :confused:
20210329_163348.jpg

Last edited:
Torsional damper oil gasket? When you can check to see if you have oil on top of starter, check the 8mm bolts on water pump, they will loosen, easy on them only 9nm I believe

Attachments

• D9A28182-A70B-4488-ABC6-9B074DB8237D.png
    D9A28182-A70B-4488-ABC6-9B074DB8237D.png
    49 KB · Views: 5
  • E1DDA6FE-B6FF-428F-8AC1-876DA4C98C94.png
    E1DDA6FE-B6FF-428F-8AC1-876DA4C98C94.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 5
Update: My feelings are hurt.
I noticed a puddle of oil under Brahma today at work. Evidently, my starter is leaking engine oil. Yeah, I know that is not the case but that is where the oil is dripping from, the back of the starter motor. The area of the puddle is about 4" by 6". I cannot see where the leak stems from. I also noticed that there is a lessor leak dripping from my water pump up front.
As far as I can see without taking anything off, the engine is dray up top.
I am guessing I cam going to need to become close friends with someone soon who can help i.e. has the tools and space where an engine refurb can occur. I surely cannot afford to do this at the dealer. :confused:
20210329_163348.jpg
Mine had a seal in starter drive to keep oil from going into starter armature, also has small vent tube to allow any leaked oil into starter to drain out. I assume this is standard for all Rocket starters.

Back