BST Wheels, Considering it

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
I am juggling the idea of BST wheels at the moment, I want them, but I need to ask for some feedback from owners first.

1: Can the ABS rings be fitted and retain the function of ABS?
2: When you order them, besides tires, what else did you have to buy?
3: Front tire.. I can't seem to find a 150/70R18 that is a Radial. I don't want Bias.
4: Any long term feedback after a few thousand miles and tire changes would be pretty great. Most of what I can find is sponsored guys writing about it, and tbh, I don't trust sponsored opinions or commercial funded reviews most of the time.

Aside from the obvious ease in line changes due to less rotational weight, anyone notice anything different regarding suspension response with so much less unsprung weight?

Apparently the bike will handle a lot better.
@ponters has them on his Roadster and went to great lengths researching and making it work. Good luck

I am uncertain of the fitment details of these wheels, but have ridden two bikes with them on. They change the bike a lot, in a positive way. The steering and roadholding are greatly improved. There was some issues with fitment in the early days I think. Trirocket will know.

Hoping one of those with them fitted comes on. After getting the coloring how I want, Wilbers front/back, and other minor use tailoring things, these will be the last thing on the list until I get the motor cracked open :p

Never heard of these before but the price is crazy scary. From what I could tell the ones fitted for ABS run about $4300 for the pair. I could do almost everything I could think of to my bike for the price of these wheels.

Last edited:
Was looking at:
Dunlop Q3 240/40-18 rear, hands down this will be the stickiest tire of all 240/40s in production, mileage might be ridiculously bad though forcing a change of tire, but the first 18" will be a Q3 for sure.
For the front I think it needs to be 150/70 or 140/80 to avoid ABS issues, not 100% sure though, only hearing reports of captains with 130/70s getting ABS sensor errors from miss matched wheel speeds. In those sizes I dont see anything with Radial construction, maybe I am looking on the wrong site!

Art, any issues over time with the BST regarding putting them on and taking them off or with tire changes?
Anything need to be purchased, or can one simply order the correct BSTs, have tires mounted, and install?

Was looking at:
Dunlop Q3 240/40-18 rear, hands down this will be the stickiest tire of all 240/40s in production, mileage might be ridiculously bad though forcing a change of tire, but the first 18" will be a Q3 for sure.
For the front I think it needs to be 150/70 or 140/80 to avoid ABS issues, not 100% sure though, only hearing reports of captains with 130/70s getting ABS sensor errors from miss matched wheel speeds. In those sizes I dont see anything with Radial construction, maybe I am looking on the wrong site!

Art, any issues over time with the BST regarding putting them on and taking them off or with tire changes?
Anything need to be purchased, or can one simply order the correct BSTs, have tires mounted, and install?
WHAT do you want for tires sticky sport bike tires that dont last that long or ? I bought my wheels used and they came with a CARTIRE rear and a MC TIRE front but a rear tire and that was a horrible combination handling was hideous and the front tire wore out in 2000 miles I had no problems getting the new tires mounted but they had to cut the CARTIRE off the rear rim and said they would not mount any car tires on motorcycle wheels that was done at EAST COAST HONDA Bensalem pa 19020 YEP lots of tires you can use I like the ones Im running now the bike handles great now and feels 200 lbs lighter I might put a set of carbon wheels on my Roadster also

To answer your question, my optimal tire of choice would be a set of Pilot Power 3s, but, they don't make our size, not even close.

If I can get 4k out of a rear and 6 out of a front that are stickier than a ME880 and have a sharper profile I'd be happy.

Tire life really isn't a bother to me in the end. Really, the bottom line on aftermarket rims for me is the care/maintenance. I want rims that won't rot like the stock unfinished Alu rims do. If I could find a nice set of Magnesium rims in black, white or gold I'd settle for those too, but no one I can find makes them.

Back