How much is it gonna hurt HP?

Bare Truth: Bob builds drag bikes that we ride on the street.

Cam size is dictated by compression, RPM and power goals.

Just call the shop yourself and tell him your goals and budget.

If you’re doing the work yourself don’t dismiss Neville’s options.

I was going to say that even stock it launches hard, but yeah that elevation definitely kills hp. But turbos, and super chargers even the playing field.
Pretty weak here, The best 60' I ever got was at an eighth mile track on my 06 classic I used to have (that was faster as it had Jardine exhaust a better under the seat filter and tune), and was an embarrassing high 1.8, but she still came in at a tad under an 8 second run at a little under 90mph regardless. Alot better than other bikes I've witnessed at this particular track. I'll have some time-slips from this same track here after the 25th of this month hopefully.

Bare Truth: Bob builds drag bikes that we ride on the street.

Cam size is dictated by compression, RPM and power goals.

Just call the shop yourself and tell him your goals and budget.

If you’re doing the work yourself don’t dismiss Neville’s options.
Planning on calling and getting some info.....I have spoken to them. I will try again.

@Neville Lush Love reading your posts, love hearing about your many happy customers! Would shipping a head to and from the states be something youve done or would do?

60 foot is 99% rider skills at launching, mine are trash :)

Fastest way out of the hole on any bike, hold it very high rpm and clutch it off the line, power level doesn’t matter.

Watch the pros.

I can’t do it, don’t want to learn, I like my clutch thanks.

A bit fat area under the curve bike with lots of torque everywhere is really the forte of the triple design.

I quit caring about clutch wear years ago, I've gotten my R's high
60 foot is 99% rider skills at launching, mine are trash :)

Fastest way out of the hole on any bike, hold it very high rpm and clutch it off the line, power level doesn’t matter.

Watch the pros.

I can’t do it, don’t want to learn, I like my clutch thanks.

A bit fat area under the curve bike with lots of torque everywhere is really the forte of the triple design.

I quit caring about clutches wearing, I've held mine above 5, and slipped it out, and it's still slow, lol!

First, manage expectations, the 240kit is really a 220whp kit on pump gas with air filter in place.

The kit HP claims are made based on oxygenated race fuel use and no air filter used. Mine for example did 246 on pump using the Brute pipe that it was tuned for and 240 on pump using a different pipe that it wasn’t tuned for yet. That’s a 265 kit bike.

Second, you will lose 10-15hp up top, traded for more torque below 4500, in the meat of the street riding area. It will make the torque peak a little lower but breadth of the curve wider.

The CES on a big carp bike are a very fun ride, I speak first hand. It’s fast and easy to ride. I had no problems rolling on quickly from 1800 RPM, no huge gap in low end torque. It won’t make 150lb-ft at 1800 RPM like stock cams, but really, you won’t miss it in the slightest if you like to ride quickly.

If I were guessing I’d put the torque below 2K at like 130-140lbft, by 3k 150lbft, by 4k I was at 152lbft and from there it just takes off.
Another question: i didnt see your results with the CES can that I have. Is it not up to snuff for bigger hp? I think you were running either a Yosh or Cone engineering can?

I made 232 with the CES setup i had, I don’t have a sheet for it. The Yosh didn’t hurt or help the bike, power curve was essentially identical as the CES can just louder when I back to back tested them at the 190whp level.

You won’t lose anything it’ll just shift power around, take the torque peak and rock the graph around it using the peak as the pivot point to have an idea of what it’ll to do power.

Back