How much is it gonna hurt HP?

Jvheli

Nitrous
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster
So I am thinking about more engine mods., leaning toward Carps 240 mail order bride kit. My question for those that know are, what I am I gaining and or losing keeping my CES exhaust?

I know I said before I was content, but I wanna know what its like to have a bike very few can handle......:):):)

I bet you wouldn't miss the number by 10whp, if that. There's a guy on here with cams, and higher compression pistons that isn't in a kit form, but he makes like 232 to the rear wheel with CES exhaust IIRC.

This bike I believe belongs to Mittzy that is here with us, and he claims 232 whp. Here's the bike.
Link Removed

Last edited:
First, manage expectations, the 240kit is really a 220whp kit on pump gas with air filter in place.

The kit HP claims are made based on oxygenated race fuel use and no air filter used. Mine for example did 246 on pump using the Brute pipe that it was tuned for and 240 on pump using a different pipe that it wasn’t tuned for yet. That’s a 265 kit bike.

Second, you will lose 10-15hp up top, traded for more torque below 4500, in the meat of the street riding area. It will make the torque peak a little lower but breadth of the curve wider.

The CES on a big carp bike are a very fun ride, I speak first hand. It’s fast and easy to ride. I had no problems rolling on quickly from 1800 RPM, no huge gap in low end torque. It won’t make 150lb-ft at 1800 RPM like stock cams, but really, you won’t miss it in the slightest if you like to ride quickly.

If I were guessing I’d put the torque below 2K at like 130-140lbft, by 3k 150lbft, by 4k I was at 152lbft and from there it just takes off.

First, manage expectations, the 240kit is really a 220whp kit on pump gas with air filter in place.

The kit HP claims are made based on oxygenated race fuel use and no air filter used. Mine for example did 246 on pump using the Brute pipe that it was tuned for and 240 on pump using a different pipe that it wasn’t tuned for yet. That’s a 265 kit bike.

Second, you will lose 10-15hp up top, traded for more torque below 4500, in the meat of the street riding area. It will make the torque peak a little lower but breadth of the curve wider.

The CES on a big carp bike are a very fun ride, I speak first hand. It’s fast and easy to ride. I had no problems rolling on quickly from 1800 RPM, no huge gap in low end torque. It won’t make 150lb-ft at 1800 RPM like stock cams, but really, you won’t miss it in the slightest if you like to ride quickly.

If I were guessing I’d put the torque below 2K at like 130-140lbft, by 3k 150lbft, by 4k I was at 152lbft and from there it just takes off.
As far as expectations go, I am aware that Carps claimed hp is using MR12, their pipe etc. Honestly I just dont want to change the pipe. I love it! Thanks again @Claviger ! My belief is that the CES will cost a few horse up near the limiter, but gain me usable torque in the 3500-5500 range vs a larger primary tube like the Carp pipe.

Where I am still fuzzy, many have spoken to diferent cam grinds that Carp does. Is this true? If so I will need some help deciding on which grind suits my style and a comp ratio to suit those cams. I am not a drag racer, at least the kind that take the bike to a track. I basically ride it like a sport bike....and take it on long trips!

Lastly my hope was to run a tuneecu base tune and a PCV w/autotune set up. I think the kit includes a PCV?

And Im gonna do the wrenching. I have trust issues.......

As far as expectations go, I am aware that Carps claimed hp is using MR12, their pipe etc. Honestly I just dont want to change the pipe. I love it! Thanks again @Claviger ! My belief is that the CES will cost a few horse up near the limiter, but gain me usable torque in the 3500-5500 range vs a larger primary tube like the Carp pipe.

Where I am still fuzzy, many have spoken to diferent cam grinds that Carp does. Is this true? If so I will need some help deciding on which grind suits my style and a comp ratio to suit those cams. I am not a drag racer, at least the kind that take the bike to a track. I basically ride it like a sport bike....and take it on long trips!

Lastly my hope was to run a tuneecu base tune and a PCV w/autotune set up. I think the kit includes a PCV?

And Im gonna do the wrenching. I have trust issues.......

Personally, I think your bike's gonna scream regardless, unless you end up with a potato wedged into your exhaust the only way you'll be able to tell a difference will be from actual dyno numbers. Hell, a little more tq down low might make for slightly better track times?

Hell, a little more tq down low might make for slightly better track times?
Doubtful. If launched right it takes all my weight (280 lbs) over the tank to keep the front wheel near the ground, and still have to work the throttle. Then once you shift it will never drop below 5000 rpms again. Now the extra tq down in the mid range might be better for rolling on in higher gears while cruising on the highway. But at 3500 in 5th you're already well above 80 mph.

Last edited:
Doubtful. If launched right it takes all my weight (280 lbs) over the tank to keep the front wheel near the ground, and still have to work the throttle. Then once you shift it will never drop below 5000 rpms again. Now the extra tq down in the mid range might be better for rolling on in higher gears while cruising on the highway. But at 3500 in 5th you're already well above 80 mph.

Well, I'm coming from a stocker lol, but Mine's lacking tq to get off the line decently for sure. I'm also race in 8000' DA, so I'm down on power from the get-go

Well, I'm coming from a stocker lol, but Mine's lacking tq to get off the line decently for sure. I'm also race in 8000' DA, so I'm down on power from the get-go
I was going to say that even stock it launches hard, but yeah that elevation definitely kills hp. But turbos, and super chargers even the playing field.

Back