Brutus just died - electrical fault

a little story
a friend of mine had a car that would work fine until it blew a fuse and quit running .
now i dont usually work on this type of problem but being a friend i decided to put a breaker fuse in it and go for a drive when it quit i opened the hood and at the back of the engine i could see the sparks every few seconds as the breaker fuse opened and closed. problem located and solved.

Many many years ago I had a Kawasaki KDX175 Enduro. Great little dirt bike. I remember having a hell of a lot of fun in return for very few dollars then even sold it at a small profit. The lights would work fine at low revs but dim then sometimes pop the tailight bulb at high revs. After many attempts to find the cause I finally traced a short by removing side panels and fuel tank then jerry rigging a small fuel container to the carb. I fired it up then hit some high revs after she warmed up with the garage lights switched off. A few small sparks revealed the short and a couple minutes wrapping with electrical tape fixed it. If only every electrical fault could be so simple.

Back