I saw a beautiful brown leather jacket two years ago.
The guy said it was made by someone in western Cleveland.
He said it was horse hide and not the usual cow hide.
He said cow hide soaks up water like a sponge but horse hide has natural water repellants.
The thing weighed a ton.
Looked great, wore on him well, but must had dropped several miles per gallon!

God bless!!

Michael

Just bought a fantastic jacket in brown leather (well at least it's fantastic to me). Unfortunately it has been discontinued by Triumph but on the bright side I got it very much reduced in price because of that. "Lawford" jacket by the way if you like it you should still find one somewhere.

10 years ago I bought a swedish military motorcycle dispatch leather jacket built to mil spec the thing is bomb proof and wears like a glove albeit a very heavy glove and since it is rather cold in sweden in december the design is geared toward comfort in cold weather never regretted to buy and to this day it is my primary leather.. no picture avai, unless someone need to see it

Schotts

none better than Schotts.nyc, reasonable prices.....i used to think that Lewis leathers were the best, but i like Schotts better now.Check out their web site

Love the saying out grown:D did you buy them when you were five years old? or have you put on a couple of extra pounds like the rest of us:eek:
I am not a leather jacket guy but they should make them strechable so they will fit us longer:D(like spandex)

Check out Vanson Leathers, they have horsehide brown leather jackets...they will last a lifetime unlike the junk made overseas. Vanson zippers never fail, their stitching never pulls apart.

Also food for thought, you can find a used vanson in a different color, ship it to them and they will redye the leathers to any color you want...

example...here is a $600 vanson for 125...they will probably sell it for 100. Vanson may charge another 100-150 to redye the leather but your way under the cost of new, it will look new and last a lifetime.
vanson leather jacket 48

Nice looking, pricey, no returns, so you better hope it fits.....

Agree on Roland Sands Design-
don't know about that particular distributor, but Revzilla is great about returns. They do video reviews that are quite useful, too, which is where I first saw this brand.
Roland Sands Design - RevZilla
Can't afford it but if i could i'd go for RSD Maven in tobacco- very nice jacket!

Back