Briefly Lost Electrical While Riding

G Day Hubguru

That is why I got some on else to do it ,I had the same problem.
And the reason I got it soldered was if you got a hole new switch but you would have to have two keys .
The wire harness to the key unit gets palled when turning .
When Dave did mine he said the same about the high current .

Tex with the keyless not shore how that system works and were that ties in on the harness .
do,s the ignition switch still needs to be in the on position for it to work.

Key switch is completely unplugged at the harness connector and disconnected from the entire system. Keyless system takes its place

I've had a 2010 Rocket 3 touring for about a month, now. I'm getting the same problem. I installed a tachometer almost right away. When things start going crazy it maxes out at the high end, speedometer goes out, all other warning lights go on and off, and the engines cuts out, but has not stopped dead, yet.
I at least made it home. Now I don't dare go out again!!
I'll check the wire plug under the tank and probably undo the tachometer wire connections and see if I continue to lose the electrical.
Thanks for your posts!!

UPDATE

While bike is in the shop fixing a coolant system leak [another post], I spoke with the GM of the Triumph dealership about this issue. He has been with Triumph for many years and a certified Triumph mechanic as well. He was aware of the ignition hot lead issue that has been reported and confirmed by several group members. He reported this particular issue was on older models, and the problem was addresses by Triumph several years ago by changing the ignition wire connection to a different type all together and to his knowledge he has not seen or heard of this particular issue related to the ignition switch for several years. He could not recall seeing this particular issue any time recently. My bike being a 2017 surely has the new ignition connection so this is probably not the cause for my bike losing electrical.

Without very specific guidance like 'Hey JR, check this connection [here]' I just have to ride the bike until I can re-produce the problem or it fails completely. Recap, I already checked battery terminals and fuse panel for discoloration or burnt terminals, all were fine.

JR

Check to make sure All connectors and plug have the Dielectric grease on them I had an issue a couple of years ago where my Tacho would just die, upon inspection of all connection to it I found that they had not put any Dielectric grease on the Tacho connection inside the chrome cover, applied grease and never had an issue again

UPDATE

While bike is in the shop fixing a coolant system leak [another post], I spoke with the GM of the Triumph dealership about this issue. He has been with Triumph for many years and a certified Triumph mechanic as well. He was aware of the ignition hot lead issue that has been reported and confirmed by several group members. He reported this particular issue was on older models, and the problem was addresses by Triumph several years ago by changing the ignition wire connection to a different type all together and to his knowledge he has not seen or heard of this particular issue related to the ignition switch for several years. He could not recall seeing this particular issue any time recently. My bike being a 2017 surely has the new ignition connection so this is probably not the cause for my bike losing electrical.

Without very specific guidance like 'Hey JR, check this connection [here]' I just have to ride the bike until I can re-produce the problem or it fails completely. Recap, I already checked battery terminals and fuse panel for discoloration or burnt terminals, all were fine.

JR
Did you ever find out what was going on?

Back