Bridgestone Tire Reps Response

I believe the general view is that it would not be an issue UNLESS it was found that the car tyre was the cause of the accident. You might want to think that through a little.

no, why would it? Boss Hoss cycles have run car tires for years.

remember insurances co have lawyers whose job is to take over if you make a big claim the lowly salesman does not know how far the lawyers will wiggle their company 's responsability out and away from a settlement it is done every day look up the health insurance claims history and see for yourself same story ..different people..

Not that I've ever heard of anyone being denied coverage due to their tire choice, but there is one thing to keep in mind. You are asking your agent about coverage. The decision on what to approve and what to deny rests with the claims adjuster.

Based on past experience with insurance agents, without something in writing, I would not put any stock in anything they told me. Apologies to any insurance agents that may be on board here.

Not that I've ever heard of anyone being denied coverage due to their tire choice, but there is one thing to keep in mind. You are asking your agent about coverage. The decision on what to approve and what to deny rests with the claims adjuster.

Based on past experience with insurance agents, without something in writing, I would not put any stock in anything they told me. Apologies to any insurance agents that may be on board here.
I agree totally..One needs an admendment/writer added to the policy much like one has with homeowners policy concerning jewlery and valuables..The standard policy will cover factory approved products...try to get a stolen music system replaced other than factory!!The Insurance adjusters are not our friends..Your agent never settles the claim..Your agent pretends to be on your side to write another policy!!!PS...I would never run a car tire on a motorcycle..a personal choice albiet financial!!

Back