Bridgestone Tire Reps Response

I'm running excedra max front and rear on my touring, best tire I've ever run .the handling the ride are fantastic. About 2 K so far. There was a guy on the other rocket forum that called Bridgestone and asked about the maxs for our rocket touring and he said he didn't see a problem since they were the replacement tires for valkyries and there about the same in comparison , however he would not put it in writing . Any thing is better than metzler! If they last as well as they ride I 'be happy..........sandman

Bridgestone Recalls Motorcycle Tires
April 03, 2009
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operation is recalling 957 Bridgestone Exedra G850 G motorcycle tires, size 180/70R16 77H, sold as OE on 2008 and 2009 Triumph Rocket III Touring motorcycles.
The very high torque Rocket III motorcycle can cause torque-induced degradation in a body ply, which may result in the tire’s inner liner cracking, leading to a slow leak in the rear tire only. Affected tires can begin to vibrate at moderate speeds, producing the risk of a crash.

Unless Bridgestone has changed th design of tire I don't think I would use Exedras on a Touring.

fine for the classic and standard its the tourer that had the problem and its a different size to us
I believe the general view is that it would not be an issue UNLESS it was found that the car tyre was the cause of the accident. You might want to think that through a little.
SIMPLE call the maker of the car tire as I have done and they will tell you NOT to use a car tire on your Rocket

Back