Braking problem, need help/suggestions please

I can he-man my lever to the bars while sitting still, but at 1/2 travel on the road and she’s already activating the front ABS...

Never bled the fronts, just shoved pistons back in when taking the still good stock pads to put HH pads, when stop me like a **** boat anchor with 2 fingers. That was 2.5 years ago now.

Guessing non-stock levers having something to do with it.

I do empathize, my Daytona which are the same brakes have a garbage lever feel, always have lol.

I have done the procedure as @barbagris describe either i did not do it right or I am in trouble, going to repeat that procedure again. next I am thinking of riding a bit cautiously round the block and see if the road bumps help dislodge the recalcitrant bubbles before rebuilding everything and I do not look forward to that.
Pop round one day and I'll have a look.

on my front brakes (i have never bleed them my bad) and the handle got a lot of travel now the dealer changed my front tire and when they finished it had a lot of play so they told me they bleed it three times but it didn't help,
i think what is happening is the front calipers r sticking requiring more fluid to get them to push the brake pads farther in.
i think that the only way to cure this problem is to clean the caliper pistons/bore.
as i recall some said they moved them and solved the prob.

I had the same trouble on my Road King, lever almost came back to bars. Changing fluid and bleed did not solve it. I removed caliper and pulled the pads and pins and cleaned them up, made sure they were sliding ok then copper slipped the back plates and pins. I also pumped out the pistons (not fully so they pop out with fluid loss) and cleaned them up so they slide well. (no copper slip used on pistons). When all back together all is fine. it has been for 2 years now. Look it up on you tube.
on my front brakes (i have never bleed them my bad) and the handle got a lot of travel now the dealer changed my front tire and when they finished it had a lot of play so they told me they bleed it three times but it didn't help,
i think what is happening is the front calipers r sticking requiring more fluid to get them to push the brake pads farther in.
i think that the only way to cure this problem is to clean the caliper pistons/bore.
as i recall some said they moved them and solved the prob.

Front brake lever has lost pressure, brakes still operating safely, but the lever comes within 6mm of hand grip. The system has been bled and reservoir topped up. Pumping brakes doesn't help.

Thank you,
Mal the Kiwi.
I had the same trouble on my Road King, lever almost came back to bars. Changing fluid and bleed did not solve it. I removed caliper and pulled the pads and pins and cleaned them up, made sure they were sliding ok then copper slipped the back plates and pins. I also pumped out the pistons (not fully so they pop out with fluid loss) and cleaned them up so they slide well. (no copper slip used on pistons). When all back together all is fine. it has been for 2 years now. Look it up on you tube.

Back