Braking during cornering

My standard braking answer still applies here. Front brake is for power and back brake is for control. Also unless you practice something it is worthless in a real life situation.

On those rare occasions that I misjudge a corner (ya right) I find more counter steer and power are normally the answer. Most of us do not push the bikes to their full potential.

I call it the pucker factor.

Having been there twice , even the video don't do the speed justice . You should try taking a photograph of them roadside?
Having had press passes to the infields at LeMans and Brands Hatch etc and done some Pro-work - I can say that catching them on film is doable.
But in the dappled areas of sun/shade - my brain can't keep up with the info flow of that dashcam.
172 mph is 77metres/s-ish
Even with a good 60fps camera it's more than 1 metre per frame.

Having had press passes to the infields at LeMans and Brands Hatch etc and done some Pro-work - I can say that catching them on film is doable.
But in the dappled areas of sun/shade - my brain can't keep up with the info flow of that dashcam.
Exactly ! Posted on a slow corner , no problem . But full chat down Bray hill and believe me , with a cheap camera , it's not easy !

WOW he is doing math

The do not brake in a corner is what we teach the novice riders(MSF basic course) more experienced riders can and usually do brake in the curves (trail braking), trailing off your brakes in a curve and using a delayed apex lets you enter and exit faster but if not comfortable doing it stick with the safe and solid advice of get your braking done before the curve.:D

Back