Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello Rocketeers,
2 pics of the caliper with the new pads in. Only thing I notice is the metal clip above the pads seem tilted some but fits flush on top of pads. The outside pad is has no movement but I can wiggle the inside pad and heat it click as Iwiggle it.

Attachments

• 20201028_193304.jpg
    20201028_193304.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20201028_193207.jpg
    20201028_193207.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 26
Yep that is the anti rattle spring and it shuld be centered it probably got out of alignment during pad installation. I bet the spring is also stopping the shiding action the caliper has when mounted. That why your pad is wore weird. Good catch easy fix.

Yep that is the anti rattle spring and it shuld be centered it probably got out of alignment during pad installation. I bet the spring is also stopping the shiding action the caliper has when mounted. That why your pad is wore weird. Good catch easy fix.
Every time I try align it snd insert the pads it tilts again. Can't see how to make it centered. Thanks for the help.

Every time I try align it snd insert the pads it tilts again. Can't see how to make it centered. Thanks for the help.
I believe it is mounted into the caliper. Should snap in there with no pads or pins in the caliper
It doesn't just sit there a float. Check for any squishing from being cockeyed in the calper. If it doesn't snap in the caliper body. Something is out of whack with the spring.

I believe it is mounted into the caliper. Should snap in there with no pads or pins in the caliper
It doesn't just sit there a float. Check for any squishing from being cockeyed in the calper. If it doesn't snap in the caliper body. Something is out of whack with the spring.
Got it to where there is no play with both calipers now. After cleaning, still hearing that tap when rear brake applied. Guess I'll have to take it to the shop for something as simple as changing brakes pads.

Got it to where there is no play with both calipers now. After cleaning, still hearing that tap when rear brake applied. Guess I'll have to take it to the shop for something as simple as changing brakes pads.
You will get better. Like I said it could be crushed/squeezed in a little from being in wrong. My 06 kept dropping it. So I put it on the shelve and it stopped. Lucky my 07 retains it. The rear pads are the easiest. As you don't have to pull the caliper for pads.

Just a suggestion, pull the pads and confirm the caliper is free to float on the pins, if not you will need to correct that first.
It must be free to the point that you should only need very little pressure on it to move it by hand.

Back