Brake Bleeding Question?

JamiePT

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket Roadster 2014
The brake fluid is looking kind of dark colored through the little window on reservoir. The bike is a 2014 that I just picked up last month. It had only 1485 miles on it when I got it last month (now 2300)

I am planning on changing it out. I have bled brakes on many a bike and 4 wheeled vehicle BUT never anything with anti lock brakes.

I have searched on the forum and looked around on the internet and have not seen anything different that I have to do. The shop manual I downloaded here doesn't say anything.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info. Although not the answer I was hoping for. I don't have a laptop right now. The dealer tool and a laptop may be my next investment.

Is there no way to disconnect the battery and just bleed out the brakes without the ABS sensor realizing the fluid has been pumped out??

Thanks again for the info.

Jamie

Thanks for the info. Although not the answer I was hoping for. I don't have a laptop right now. The dealer tool and a laptop may be my next investment.

Is there no way to disconnect the battery and just bleed out the brakes without the ABS sensor realizing the fluid has been pumped out??

Thanks again for the info.

Jamie

According to the manual you can bleed the brakes just like you normally would. There is an exception where you need the Dealer Service Tool. I'll post the manual page as soon as I find and scan it.

Okay, here is the scanned page from the manual. You will note in the first paragraph you only need to use the tool when the hydraulic brake system has been dismantled, or the ABS modulator renewed. I did buy the Dealer Service Tool a while back and have it if I ever need it, but according to this by my understanding you should not need it for normal bleeding. This is true for both front and rear brakes.

Attachments

• 03132017143530.jpg
    03132017143530.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
According to the manual you can bleed the brakes just like you normally would. There is an exception where you need the Dealer Service Tool. I'll post the manual page as soon as I find and scan it.

Okay, here is the scanned page from the manual. You will note in the first paragraph you only need to use the tool when the hydraulic brake system has been dismantled, or the ABS modulator renewed. I did buy the Dealer Service Tool a while back and have it if I ever need it, but according to this by my understanding you should not need it for normal bleeding. This is true for both front and rear brakes.

Well that is great to know. I service a couple of Roadsters for some friends of mine. I was wondering what I was going to have to do when the brake fluid needs to be changed. Now I know I can do it without hurting anything. Thanks.

Well that is great to know. I service a couple of Roadsters for some friends of mine. I was wondering what I was going to have to do when the brake fluid needs to be changed. Now I know I can do it without hurting anything. Thanks.

As long as hydraulic brake system hasn't been dismantled, or the ABS modulator renewed I think you're good. I have a full manual for my 2015, so I can scan pages if necessary to help out with things about the bike.

Glad I could help as I was concerned about the ABS bleeding as well until I read that.

Back