sds

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3R,
I am looking for a good pair of boots that offer the most protection. If anyone has any thoughts let me know.
I am looking at the sidi adventure goretex at the moment. Although not the style I would choose, they have the features I am interested in.
thanks,.

I am looking for a good pair of boots that offer the most protection. If anyone has any thoughts let me know.
I am looking at the sidi adventure goretex at the moment. Although not the style I would choose, they have the features I am interested in.
thanks,.
chippawa men rally euro riding boots ...very high quality leather boots. does not look out of place anywhere .unlike off road boots

Wow, the Gaerne boots come in black and white, like my RIII. I be stylin! :)

Gore Tex would be a must for me. They breath and waterproof. I like my SIDI On Road. They were actually tested by setting them in water for 24 hours with no leaks. I sent them off to get resoled and still fit perfect. Not just anyone can resole them and make them right. I called the company, Motonation. I found a "less tall" SIDI with Gore Tex but don't remember the model name. Maybe it is Tour Gore Tex. They may not be able to be resoled. TCX is another brand with Gore Tex but I don't think they can be resoled.

Yes all of the above are expensive but I have had mine 100,000 miles worth in all sorts of weather. The only moisture on my sock is from sweat. I sweat in zero temperatures. I wear socks of the moisture wicking material so my sweat moves away from my feet. My SIDIs are not any hotter feeling than my sneakers are in 117 degree heat. They were comfortable to walk in the first day when I wore them 600 miles. They are more comfortable now even with a 1/4 inch thicker sole added.

I also have a pair of Bates USMC desert combat boots for day rides. They are Gore Tex also. Got them as surplus.

Found these on the web last week. They caught my eye. Made by Icon. Name of the boot is the 1000 Elsinore. Not sure of the quality but thought they look really good. Price under $250.
icon elsinore.jpg icon elsinore black.jpg

My Gaerne boots are just plain black .. comfortable enough to walk around for hours in. Doubt you'd be comfortable walking around in the ones above .. or most of the lairy ones on the market.

Back