Should really upset one or two mfrs sales.

Actually could well open them up for lawsuits and product withdrawal.

Of course you could just use SealSkinz socks.
The last boots I bought for comfort more than anything but I also have some of the SealSkinz socks and they are amazing I tested them by putting my foot with just the sock on in a bucket a water and they do work :D but so they should for $50

I could have almost guessed the Firstgear and Icon would leak, both make budget/entry level stuff. You get what you pay for, usually.

The last bbots I bought for comfort more than anything
I use Goretex mountaineering boots generally - in summer without any liner - more like desert boots. There is nothing worse than being uncomfortable.

I also wear heavy wool socks most of the year - even in 40ºC - but there's not enough chance of me getting wet enough to really NEED sealskinz.

In the UK - i'd go to Altberg Boots and have a set made to measure. In fact in September - if time permits - I may do so. Hogg High All Weather - Alt-Berg Boots

I make waterproof stuff for riders and know a thing or two about the process. I'll always suggest that a rider bucket test EVERY part of their waterproof gear. Just because a (in this instance) boot passed or failed does not mean the next pair off the line will preform the same. Test every product you buy prior to riding.

Back