Merlin Titan Boots

TheKid

Top Fuel
Ride
2007 Rocket III Standard /2010 R3T
Wb_9W0Qt_YcDVNArJ83ii85aIQQm7HkayrIl9PCQVxyx9072-NIiSi65qUj5F6x7kI68NZJhcTWqcO6gsvgEs9DUv7fin0DAGpdp6fSa34viRLg1vixjl6BQf-zbCSIIBjGQEKcHFPjpDP4Y2_iAWlqgz_EQkr_V=s0-d-e1-ft

Merlin Titan Outlast Boots (Color: Black / Size: 45)
ITEM #1292519
Quantity: 1

I just got these yesterday and absolutely love them so far. 200 bucks. They are very soft, feel like house slippers. They advertised on Revzilla that they were not for wide widths. They are correct. I have a narrow "B" width, size 11. Ordered the size 45. Good leather, waterproof, rode in a little rain. These do fit like a glove, zippered down both sides and the front and rear are adjustable to tighten around the calf. The bottoms have a great soft grip, almost too good of a grip. My right foot and knee don't work as good as they use to, so I kinda lift my leg to apply the brake, resulting in stabbing the rear brake. I will get use to that, no fault to the boot. This was only a 20 mile test, but very happy so far. Revzilla does a fantastic in depth video review on most they sell, including these fine Italian boots of Pakistan. Cya

Also very very warm. Most would not want them in the summer. May not need to use the foot warmers in the cold months. And on the adjustable calf, it is open wide at top front. Had to stretch my jeans a little to get over them. I actually like this, for it keeps the wind out.

Just FYI -
I looked at those Merlin, but the zippers are at the outside and painful for me to try and reach.
I went with Gaerne G-Prestige Gore-Tex in a 47.
I also received them yesterday and wore them about the house for a few hours.
Found them to be a good fit and very comfy. First time I have ever got a boot that fit on the first order delivery!

Also very very warm. Most would not want them in the summer. May not need to use the foot warmers in the cold months. And on the adjustable calf, it is open wide at top front. Had to stretch my jeans a little to get over them. I actually like this, for it keeps the wind out.
Got a pair, different brand, that look identical to these. Same problem with jeans/trousers. It has to be the old school look of tucked in the boots! Very comfy, warm, and waterproof. What's not to like? Except I only paid £79.00, about $85.00.. WOO HOO

Got a pair, different brand, that look identical to these. Same problem with jeans/trousers. It has to be the old school look of tucked in the boots! Very comfy, warm, and waterproof. What's not to like? Except I only paid £79.00, about $85.00.. WOO HOO

Key word here = "different brand", Amigo.

Just FYI -
I looked at those Merlin, but the zippers are at the outside and painful for me to try and reach.
I went with Gaerne G-Prestige Gore-Tex in a 47.
I also received them yesterday and wore them about the house for a few hours.
Found them to be a good fit and very comfy. First time I have ever got a boot that fit on the first order delivery!
steve how many pairs of riding boots do you now own!!

They have zippers on both sides of each foot. Not sure if you can use with one zipper. Cancel that. They work very well using only one of the two zippers, the inside zipper. If only using the outside zipper, they are too tough to get off.

They have zippers on both sides of each foot. Not sure if you can use with one zipper. Cancel that. They work very well using only one of the two zippers, the inside zipper. If only using the outside zipper, they are too tough to get off.

I currently use only the inside zippers most of the time, but with my old broken back injuries, tis very tough to get the high instep of my wide feet inside. Anything other than very thin socks or no socks is impossible.
I have even mounted rings to the outside zippers for easier reach and better leverage.
Helps a little, but it is still painful for me to twist my torso and bend down enough to reach them, especially in the mornings after a a few days riding.
Usually my bro helps me.
The new Gaerne are taller and only inside zippers. They are the easiest boots I've put on so far.
This month's ride to AZ will be their inaugural voyage.
Fingers Crossed2.png

Back