Bluetooth Helmet Speakers: which are good & reasonable $

Fishbein said:
BigDoug said:
I too am looking to bluetooth our helmets, the best I have found so far is this
http://www.ultimate-travelgear.co.uk/mo ... ___130.htm
i have seen them here on ebay for £90 a pair.

Thanks Big Doug...is that 80 USD for each kit? Have you sampled it (heard the sound) or just looked at it? I assume it would work w/ XM Radio here with a Zumo 550, but I'd have to be sure...I'll get the toggle first. Fish

No mate I havn't tried it just found it on the net, cant find anything cheaper that connects up to all the stuff, intercome and GPS etc but the search goes on. Will post up about it if I buy it.

BigDoug said:
Fishbein said:
BigDoug said:
I too am looking to bluetooth our helmets, the best I have found so far is this
http://www.ultimate-travelgear.co.uk/mo ... ___130.htm
i have seen them here on ebay for £90 a pair.

Thanks Big Doug...is that 80 USD for each kit? Have you sampled it (heard the sound) or just looked at it? I assume it would work w/ XM Radio here with a Zumo 550, but I'd have to be sure...I'll get the toggle first. Fish

No mate I havn't tried it just found it on the net, cant find anything cheaper that connects up to all the stuff, intercome and GPS etc but the search goes on. Will post up about it if I buy it.

Ok, Bro, I appreciate it. Fish

JDuke1980 said:

Hey, bud, long time...did you go back out to the Smokies? I think yoiu told me you did. I've seen the Scala in a few bike shops around here, but there's no way to know what the sound quality is, is there, unless you have a buddy with one? Fish

Fishbein said:
Super D. said:
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":2rg9a6xz]I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.
I will say that the connecting to the phone sound is not that great, but that is not why I got it anyway. For music and connecting to my iPhone... I love it.

Thanks, Super D...is that just the speaker kit or you gotta get the whole helmet? I like my shoe, thought I replaced it with Triumph stickers so it looks like a Triumph helmet that doesn't exist!
No, It is a whole helmet... And I also have the 550, and it doesn't work well with it either... Music ~ GOOD, Everything else ~ Not so good, or so-so.

Gotcha, sounds like a half-hearted endorsement.[/quote:2rg9a6xz]

Didn't mean to sound like an arse...I appreciate yr input. I'm hoping to find it all, awesome sound quality that won't break the bank...yeah, right, good luck to me.

Fishbein said:
Super D. said:
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":2o65t7z8]I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.
I will say that the connecting to the phone sound is not that great, but that is not why I got it anyway. For music and connecting to my iPhone... I love it.

Thanks, Super D...is that just the speaker kit or you gotta get the whole helmet? I like my shoe, thought I replaced it with Triumph stickers so it looks like a Triumph helmet that doesn't exist!
No, It is a whole helmet... And I also have the 550, and it doesn't work well with it either... Music ~ GOOD, Everything else ~ Not so good, or so-so.

Gotcha, sounds like a half-hearted endorsement.[/quote:2o65t7z8]

Not really, I do like it... I did a lot of research, and this is the best one that I came up with for a reasonable price. It does pretty good across the board... but some things better than others.
My brother has the Scala, and he likes it pretty well... but he has complaints about it as well.
I don't think there is anything out there that is going to get 5 stars across the board... If you find it, be sure and post ~ I know a lot of people are interested.

Super D. said:
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":3rx7kwi5]
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":3rx7kwi5]I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.

Gotcha, sounds like a half-hearted endorsement.[/quote:3rx7kwi5]

Not really, I do like it... I did a lot of research, and this is the best one that I came up with for a reasonable price. It does pretty good across the board... but some things better than others.
My brother has the Scala, and he likes it pretty well... but he has complaints about it as well.
I don't think there is anything out there that is going to get 5 stars across the board... If you find it, be sure and post ~ I know a lot of people are interested.[/quote:3rx7kwi5]

I'd love to know how yours compares to the scala...have you listened to both?

Super D. said:
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":169grhm3]
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":169grhm3]I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.

Gotcha, sounds like a half-hearted endorsement.[/quote:169grhm3]

I don't think there is anything out there that is going to get 5 stars across the board... If you find it, be sure and post ~ I know a lot of people are interested.[/quote:169grhm3]

I'd love to know how yours compares to the scala...have you listened to both?

Fishbein said:
Super D. said:
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":1grib00x]
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":1grib00x]I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.

Gotcha, sounds like a half-hearted endorsement.

I don't think there is anything out there that is going to get 5 stars across the board... If you find it, be sure and post ~ I know a lot of people are interested.[/quote:1grib00x]

I'd love to know how yours compares to the scala...have you listened to both?[/quote:1grib00x]
No, I didn't try it because I heard a lot of feed back on the noise level at speed.

Super D. said:
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":nzmwvq53]
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":nzmwvq53]
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":nzmwvq53]I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.

Gotcha, sounds like a half-hearted endorsement.

I don't think there is anything out there that is going to get 5 stars across the board... If you find it, be sure and post ~ I know a lot of people are interested.[/quote:nzmwvq53]

I'd love to know how yours compares to the scala...have you listened to both?[/quote:nzmwvq53]
No, I didn't try it because I heard a lot of feed back on the noise level at speed.[/quote:nzmwvq53]\

So you think yours is better at speed then scala?

Back