Bluetooth Helmet Speakers: which are good & reasonable $

Fishbein

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket III Touring 2014 (previously 2008)
So, I got my Zumo 550 and XM Radio Receiver a while back...been awesome in the car, and can't wait for Springtime here in DC. Rode in LA w/ it on a Harley and it was sweet. I learned from Cowheard that I need to get a Bluetooth Toggle to run the XM Radio via Bluetooth in the helmet speakers. Definitely going to get that as soon as I can. Then the Question is: What are the best sounding/reliable Bluetooth Speakers for a reasonable price that you can put in a Shoe Helmet (and move to the next full-face I buy)? Any thoughts/experiences? Fish

idk said:
Can't help with the question, but welcome back stranger.

My man! Been a while, I'm in and out (so to speak). Was in LA for a bit, but now back workin'. Rode on a few decent days, but my baby's freezing under my carport roof, with a coat on. Let's plan on riding this spring. Fish

I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.
I will say that the connecting to the phone sound is not that great, but that is not why I got it anyway. For music and connecting to my iPhone... I love it.

Super D. said:
I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.
I will say that the connecting to the phone sound is not that great, but that is not why I got it anyway. For music and connecting to my iPhone... I love it.

Thanks, Super D...is that just the speaker kit or you gotta get the whole helmet? I like my shoe, thought I replaced it with Triumph stickers so it looks like a Triumph helmet that doesn't exist!

BigDoug said:
I too am looking to bluetooth our helmets, the best I have found so far is this
http://www.ultimate-travelgear.co.uk/mo ... ___130.htm
i have seen them here on ebay for £90 a pair.

Thanks Big Doug...is that 80 USD for each kit? Have you sampled it (heard the sound) or just looked at it? I assume it would work w/ XM Radio here with a Zumo 550, but I'd have to be sure...I'll get the toggle first. Fish

Fishbein said:
Super D. said:

Thanks, Super D...is that just the speaker kit or you gotta get the whole helmet? I like my shoe, thought I replaced it with Triumph stickers so it looks like a Triumph helmet that doesn't exist!
No, It is a whole helmet... And I also have the 550, and it doesn't work well with it either... Music ~ GOOD, Everything else ~ Not so good, or so-so.

Super D. said:
Fishbein said:
[quote="Super D.":206wbsrs]I have a Element Fastrack Bluetooth helmet, and I really like it. I posted on it before, and there were some mixed opinions.... Mine still is that it is a great helmet, and the sound is above average. Mind you, that it by no means sounds like a Bose enclosed headphone system, but it is pretty decent. The battery has lasted me 14 hours on one trip.

No, It is a whole helmet... And I also have the 550, and it doesn't work well with it either... Music ~ GOOD, Everything else ~ Not so good, or so-so.[/quote:206wbsrs]

Gotcha, sounds like a half-hearted endorsement.

Back