Bike won't start after Resource ECU map installed - Solved

PaddyO

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3T
I have a 2014 R3T. Did the TORS-Ram Air-Viking crossover install. Did the 12 minute tune. All with no problems. Installed a tune for this set up downloaded from the resources area. The bike will not start. After looking at different threads, I thought the tune might have gotten corrupted in the download so downloaded it again. I have a Samsung Galaxy SM-T310 running Android 4.4.2. I am unable to download the file to the Galaxy. The download fails every time. So I downloaded it to my Mac (OS 10.12.6), emailed it to my gmail account, and downloaded it to the Galaxy that way. I used TuneECU to install the tune according to the instructions on the TuneECU website. When I turn the key, the fuel pump primes, the lights on the speedo come on, and the Koso tach I installed sweeps. There are no error codes in TuneECU. When I pull in the clutch and press the starter button, I can hear a relay click.

Before I start randomly going through different threads trying to trouble shoot the problem, does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, what you have is not a Nel's tune.
It is someone's download of a tune from some different motor.
Please do not call whatever you have a "Nel's tune".
Nels is a tuner. He tunes individual motors. He does not authorize, nor support downloading a canned tune from any motor he has done into another motor.
Just call whatever you have a tune copy or hack tune.
Be well. :thumbsup:

Let's just call it a copy of a Nels tune loaded into another R3T. I think Rob (Claviger) is the one that loaded it into the resource center after it was loaded onto the Web based Tune ECU site before it was abandoned.

bob

I think Rob (Claviger) is the one that loaded it into the resource center after it was loaded onto the Web based Tune ECU site before it was abandoned.

As it turns out, Alain just changed the TuneECU site just changed from .com to .net, it's still there and regularly updated. The .org one claviger started has disappeared now

@Paddywould it just be that your battery is flat from all the remapping? (Or was it on charge while you remapped?)

If not a duff battery - am curious to know when the new Koso tach was installed

First off, what you have is not a Nel's tune.
It is someone's download of a tune from some different motor.
Please do not call whatever you have a "Nel's tune".
Nels is a tuner. He tunes individual motors. He does not authorize, nor support downloading a canned tune from any motor he has done into another motor.
Just call whatever you have a tune copy or hack tune.
Be well. :thumbsup:
bob
I don't care what's been done, but the motor was not tuned tuned by Nels. A download from another motor has been tweaked and was not made by Nels for this motor. It really should not be called a Nels' tune because he never created it with the bike using it. Tiz just not fair to assign him responsibility for creating or tuning that motor. JMHO . . .

That's not exactly true, or not at all. 2WDW has a mail in ECU program for many bikes. You tell him your mods and he applies a tune... bike on premises on dyno not needed.

At least one of the motorcycle dealers around here uses that system - bike is run on the local Dynajet, remote analysis and map provision, which the dealer then installs.

Back