atlsrt44

Nitrous
Ride
2018 rocket 3 roadster
I have a 2016 roadster with 5k miles. Bike has ramair,tors, crossover pipe, pcv.

Last week when i took it out it acted funny. When i upshifted and went wot it hesitated and jerked until about 4k at which point it was fine. I turned around towards house and tried again and it was fine. Rode about 4 times with no problem until yesterday.

Same thing happening but a little more frequent. Same rpm range.

Ive put about 2 tanks of gas in it between occurences. Gas was bought from a station that sells alot.

Thoughts?

Edit. Just took it out and obviously when im shifting at wot its higher than 3k. Also no issues after 10 miles

Last edited:
If it only happens when it's warmed up/hot, it could be a bad coil, too. I chased an intermittent problem like that for 2 summers before I figured it out
Plus it could be fuel pressure dropping out intermittently, bad connection to fuel pump, fuel pump on the way out, I don't think a clogged filter would be intermittent, and the bike only has 5,000 miles on it, does it sound/feel like one cylinder loosing power, like loosing just a little power or really dropping out, if it was a coil it would most likely be 1 cylinder, all 3 coils won't go all at the same time, that would be very odd, so if it was a small loss of power I would say a coil or ignition to that one cylinder. A lot of loss of power I would suspect the fuel, cause it would be in all cylinders, unless it's a fuel injector, but I would think an injector would throw a code if it's not opening, and a clogged injector would do it all the time, I'm not sure if a bad coil would sent a code either, or if the fuel pump had problems, I don't think there's a pressure switch in the fuel line. I mean what are computers for, send a code for crynn out loud, I hate when it does not compute 👎😕😁😂 well good luck 👍 let us know what you find out

Check coils, primary 2.0 ohms secondary 32k ohms, i dont know what happens or how to test for high rpm conditions though where they may fail at making good spark, a part can test good at rest but coils and injectors are asked to work very fast over and over time, 15 years, and i think they kinda fail maybe when we ask for 80 90 100 percent. i must say i really dont know but im studying on coils, injectors, now to learn about them as the drag only build will have a stand alone ecu and these times can be adjusted then so massive learning curve.

Back