I've got these in two of my Rockets. $233.00 No upgraded cables, starter, etc. all stock. Spins over like never before. Super light too. However if you want to put a tender on a Lithium battery, it takes a special kind. Not expensive, just different charge principle.

Darn helpful post, Cooter!!!
Gratitude!

I've got these in two of my Rockets. $233.00 No upgraded cables, starter, etc. all stock. Spins over like never before. Super light too. However if you want to put a tender on a Lithium battery, it takes a special kind. Not expensive, just different charge principle.

Had one of the old Battery Tender Junior 800's which finally broke and bought one of the new ones. They have updated the model and now come with two buttons one for Lead and another for Lithium batteries. $52 from Cycle Gear.

Holy crap, went to start the Rocket this morning and just got clicks! I thought I was done with all this nonsense. I just put a new lithium battery in last month, something like 600 CCAs if I remember right. It clicked just like the old lead ones did? I thought these batteries weren't affected by the cold? My garage was probably 35 degrees.

Yeah, cold start was an issue I was worried about living in SoMD (Pax River area). I just replaced mine a month ago and went with the newest version Yuasa. Guess we'll see how it goes. No issues at all w/ temps yet. When it starts dropping around the freezing mark, I usually put it on the maintainer overnight anyway to help keep it from freezing. Not sure if that's such a big deal with the AGMs or not....just habit at this point.
GYZ20HLhttps://www.yuasabatteries.com/powersports-batteries/agm-batteries/gyz-series-agm-batteries/

1669126767848.png

1669126711454.png

Back