CvSisinthehouse

Supercharged
Hi everyone, apparently its already cold enough here in Maryland for my battery not to be strong enough to start my 2016 Roadster, even after being on a charger all night. The battery does fine during the warmer months. I dont mind charging the battery the night before I will ride it, but of course I want the bike to start. What battery(s) should I get? Thanks.

After years of using Deka and Yuasa lead acid and AGM batteries that only lasted out their warranty period I found Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) to be the answer for me. They're light, durable and have a very high CCA rating. The bike NEVER struggles to start now. A nice feature (which I've not had to use) is the reserve cells that basically allow you to jump start yourself by pushing a button on the battery if you do somehow end up low on charge.

Over time it's a lot cheaper than replacing an other battery every year - and the peace of mind knowing you can start even if the primary cells are down is priceless.
And don't forget that everything in Australia is shockingly expensive compared to your high volume markets. A Deka for a rocket costs AUD$250+....

I've got these in two of my Rockets. $233.00 No upgraded cables, starter, etc. all stock. Spins over like never before. Super light too. However if you want to put a tender on a Lithium battery, it takes a special kind. Not expensive, just different charge principle.

Back