Been doing some Thinking.

I came onto the site back in 2015 but prior to that I followed the forum as i was making my decision to buy my Rocket. It was the information and influence form the members that helped me to decide to buy a bike I had very little information about. I have received all the information about my Rocket from members here. Hanso and Decoste, Paul and others helped me with upgrades and other information. I have also had words with a few at time to time as they came off as know it alls. Paul / Joesmoe has had to have a word with me more than once. I honestly stopped coming on for a long time because of some of those same folks. They tend to be condescending to so many and it always appears to be who has the bigger ball bag or who rides the most is what makes a real rider or biker or whatever. What makes a happy rider is really up to me, you or the rider. How many miles I ride does not make a difference to the love of bikes I have. I take a lot of enjoyment working in my garage with some music, a beer and cigar on one of my bikes. I have some older Hondas and Kawasakis that are near and dear to my heart. Those make me very happy. But my Rocket is by far my favorite and all around fun beast I have ever owned. And it was the help of folks here that have made my R3R better. So I thank all of you for your help and I get where Sonny is coming from. This forum is great most of the time, but when the BS starts I turn it off. I dont get caught up in the stuff anymore.

1000 miles or 30000miles a year as long as you are riding (sober) that is what counts, some like wrenching some like paying others to do it that is how the World goes around, I have people sign up for the MSF class and have no intention of ever riding on the road it was just something they wanted to do.
Quite a few years ago we had a preacher(does not mean much in the South ) join our club then started complaining because female riders were riding with us:eek: I politly told him to stick his bike up his arse and eff off---never heard from him again.
Riding 1000miles a year in the mountains is better than 5000 a year on the freeway.

Sitting in my tent at the motor bike rally reading @sonny post thinking which one am I!

I ride some but not as much as I want to only 7000 miles a year. I have a three lovely girls aged between 8 and 14 so just buggering off for rallies is a bit of work. And juggling using the Rocket to get to work and pick the girls up after work from events I'm down to 3 days on the bike.

Not alot of rides in the weekend either. But I am lucky enough to get to read about others people's trips off this forum and I do plan to come to The good ol US of A buy a Rocket and ride west coast to the East Coast and ship it home afterwards.

Hey, buy it in Jacksonville and we'll go ride with you.

1000 miles or 30000miles a year as long as you are riding (sober) that is what counts, some like wrenching some like paying others to do it that is how the World goes around, I have people sign up for the MSF class and have no intention of ever riding on the road it was just something they wanted to do.
Quite a few years ago we had a preacher(does not mean much in the South ) join our club then started complaining because female riders were riding with us:eek: I politly told him to stick his bike up his arse and eff off---never heard from him again.
Riding 1000miles a year in the mountains is better than 5000 a year on the freeway.

Nothing like sound Scottish advice.

Hey I think I remember that preacher That was some funny **** :eek:

I came onto the site back in 2015 but prior to that I followed the forum as i was making my decision to buy my Rocket. It was the information and influence form the members that helped me to decide to buy a bike I had very little information about. I have received all the information about my Rocket from members here. Hanso and Decoste, Paul and others helped me with upgrades and other information. I have also had words with a few at time to time as they came off as know it alls. Paul / Joesmoe has had to have a word with me more than once. I honestly stopped coming on for a long time because of some of those same folks. They tend to be condescending to so many and it always appears to be who has the bigger ball bag or who rides the most is what makes a real rider or biker or whatever. What makes a happy rider is really up to me, you or the rider. How many miles I ride does not make a difference to the love of bikes I have. I take a lot of enjoyment working in my garage with some music, a beer and cigar on one of my bikes. I have some older Hondas and Kawasakis that are near and dear to my heart. Those make me very happy. But my Rocket is by far my favorite and all around fun beast I have ever owned. And it was the help of folks here that have made my R3R better. So I thank all of you for your help and I get where Sonny is coming from. This forum is great most of the time, but when the BS starts I turn it off. I dont get caught up in the stuff anymore.
You nailed it. Yes i ride a bit but that was not really my point. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scott i do not drink and ride. No death wish here. Mountains here in Oklahoma few and far between. Enjoy riding more than anything else. One upping the next guy or who has the more expensive build not so much. Not very political correct and not shy after a bit will and did voice my opinion. I ride that was my point. Don't spend much time on here bragging about what i got and playing the game.

Not having ridden a rocket in over three years, my reasons for staying on this forum have mostly to do with the friendships that I have made while here, and very little to do with any type of technical help on the rocket.

I prefer to have somebody else work on my bike , Although occasionally I’ll do an oil change on my own I normally have all of the services done at the dealer, I generally put more miles on my motorcycle per year than most people I know rain or shine, If that make me a poser or a fake biker or whatever other label somebody wants to put on it so be it..

With that said
I don’t remember the last time I’ve done anything sober :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Yep... nailed it☝️I guess I’m lucky to be married to a woman who doesn’t have a problem with bike parts in the kitchen, and work is tolerant of me taking weeks off to ride and do “health promotion”. Part of a professional group called Psychs on Bikes, we cross OZ every second year doing men’s health checks and delivering seminars so I get to do distances around 3 or 4 times a year in eastern OZ. Otherwise I jump in my Ute because it’s air conditioned. I enjoy doing my own work because I have trust issues and this forum has taught me a lot ... looking forward to a 6 speed robust gearbox The sense of care expressed by members in times of crisis like the big winds that hit the States so often makes me feel like this forum goes a bit past being just a motorcycle forum. I’m going to ride Kyrsekstan (can’t even spell it) in a couple of months but plan to cross the States next year as a retirement present to myself ... hope to see yous there. To old - too grumpy - not enough time to be offended

Yep... nailed it☝️I guess I’m lucky to be married to a woman who doesn’t have a problem with bike parts in the kitchen, and work is tolerant of me taking weeks off to ride and do “health promotion”. Part of a professional group called Psychs on Bikes, we cross OZ every second year doing men’s health checks and delivering seminars so I get to do distances around 3 or 4 times a year in eastern OZ. Otherwise I jump in my Ute because it’s air conditioned. I enjoy doing my own work because I have trust issues and this forum has taught me a lot ... looking forward to a 6 speed robust gearbox The sense of care expressed by members in times of crisis like the big winds that hit the States so often makes me feel like this forum goes a bit past being just a motorcycle forum. I’m going to ride Kyrsekstan (can’t even spell it) in a couple of months but plan to cross the States next year as a retirement present to myself ... hope to see yous there. To old - too grumpy - not enough time to be offended
Impressed with your efforts and attitude, really nice to hear!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back