Battery Tender Question

Folks, y'all are posting Amazon product numbers as "Media" -- and that does NOT work for more and more browsers.

Please post as the URL - you only need the part of the URL through the product ID -- typically, following the product ID is a ampersand or question mark with meta data indicating search path that got one to that product, and is not needed.

So, going to Amazon, for example, and pasting the product ID from @1olbull 's post, I generate a URL thus: Amazon.com: B0756MDZ1F

If I highlight the part of the URL up to the ampersand sign, I get: Amazon.com: B0756MDZ1F

If I then put down some descriptive text, perhaps copied from the description in the Amazon item, such as:

Schumacher SC1309 6/12V Wheeled Automatic Battery Charger and 40/200A Engine Starter

I can then highlight the text, click on the chain icon ("link") and paste the URL there, and presto:

Schumacher SC1309 6/12V Wheeled Automatic Battery Charger and 40/200A Engine Starter

A link almost everyone on the site can see.

SAY WHAT?!?!? :eek: o_O
If it no workie for ya, why not simply copy the product name and just Google? :p :rolleyes: :roll:

My experience with battery situations like this is that if the battery is so gone that it wont even light up the gauges, its toast my friend. Yes, you may be able to charge it and get it up to some level of voltage, but it will be an unreliable battery that can and probably will strand you when you least expect it. My personal opinion is that you replace that battery with a fresh new one and be sure to keep that battery on a battery tender or maintainer when not riding for more then 2 weeks.

I've personally had batteries last way past 5 years on my motorcycles. I store my motorcycles for almost 5-6 months a year because of our crappy climate that prevents me from riding from November to about April -May. This is how I managed to keep the batteries in prime condition. Keep it on a tender!

Back