Battery Tender Question

Old N' Grumpy

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Triumph R3R & 2005 Harley FatBoy
Will a battery tender charge up a completely dead battery or do I need to do something else to revive it. Battery is under a year old.

Mighty Mouse

A Mouse of a different breed.
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket Roadster
One way to find out. Hook it up and let it sit for 24 hours then give it a shot. If it's only a year old it should start up after the charge. I won't ask how the battery was drained within a year. But, how was the battery drained within a year?

Old N' Grumpy

Living Legend
Ride
Left it overnite, hit the switch and nothing! Guages didn't even light. Gonna leave it for another day or two and see.

Old N' Grumpy

Living Legend
Ride
Nope. If I knew of a deep cycle battery that would fit I would buy as they have no problem being repeatedly run down.

Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
Grumpy my tender will not come on to charge unless the battery being charged has a certain voltage

Gregger

Nitrous
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
This is a battery polarity protector. Try putting some booster cables on the battery for a few minutes from your car then remove and install the battery tender. As Kevin stated, some of the more sophisticated tenders need to see several volts to ensure the battery is being charged the right way.

Old N' Grumpy

Living Legend
Ride
This is a battery polarity protector. Try putting some booster cables on the battery for a few minutes from your car then remove and install the battery tender. As Kevin stated, some of the more sophisticated tenders need to see several volts to ensure the battery is being charged the right way.
I will try that. Thanks!

1olbull

Riding Motor Since 1950
Ride
2012 R3R "Kong" - 2011 R3R "YurMama"
Left it overnite, hit the switch and nothing! Guages didn't even light. Gonna leave it for another day or two and see.
Nope. Me reckons you need a deep cycle charger.
I use this one:

Ralsmith

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster
Try connecting another battery in parallel across the terminals and then charge both of them together, this fools the modern day chargers into thinking it is only one good battery

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock