Battery Tender Question

Most battery tenders (as opposed to chargers) dribble out very small amperage designed to maintain a surface (immediate use) charge on the plates.
Chargers pump in far more. Even moderate chargers will pump 3-4 amps - Make sure the battery is hidrated inside and stand it in a bowl of water (not the terminals obviously) as it will get hot.

But the first thing I would try is (as others have said) use some jumper cables and give it a blast from another vehicle (engine running) battery. If after 10 minutes it's not responding - it's toast.

Folks, y'all are posting Amazon product numbers as "Media" -- and that does NOT work for more and more browsers.

Please post as the URL - you only need the part of the URL through the product ID -- typically, following the product ID is a ampersand or question mark with meta data indicating search path that got one to that product, and is not needed.

So, going to Amazon, for example, and pasting the product ID from @1olbull 's post, I generate a URL thus: Amazon.com: B0756MDZ1F

If I highlight the part of the URL up to the ampersand sign, I get: Amazon.com: B0756MDZ1F

If I then put down some descriptive text, perhaps copied from the description in the Amazon item, such as:

Schumacher SC1309 6/12V Wheeled Automatic Battery Charger and 40/200A Engine Starter

I can then highlight the text, click on the chain icon ("link") and paste the URL there, and presto:

Schumacher SC1309 6/12V Wheeled Automatic Battery Charger and 40/200A Engine Starter

A link almost everyone on the site can see.

https://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-S...56MDZ1F&qid=1573082499&sr=8-1#customerReviews

Back