Battery Replacement

If you are going to give up the tool kit anyway .... the PC625 and proper charger have the most followers around here. I pulled the stock battery after 4 months.

If you are going to give up the tool kit anyway .... the PC625 and proper charger have the most followers around here. I pulled the stock battery after 4 months.

Yea, it would have been nice to know that my tool kit would no longer fit when I bought a direct replacement battery. That's one of the reasons for my post as a warning to others. I'm over it now, beside the tool kit doesn't have booster cables.:D

I've plans to use the new space from the underseat filter to place another Odessy 625 in parallel. Don't know why that wouldn't work.:cool:

I've plans to use the new space from the underseat filter to place another Odessy 625 in parallel. Don't know why that wouldn't work.:cool:
Are you planning to put in a power converter as well? Then you can microwave your hot dog while arc-welding a tractor shovel. lol :p

I took my core back to Batteries Plus for my four bucks and I told them about the replacement battery not being plug and play due to size and post configuration. Come to find out Battery Plus's data base was incorrect for battery slection for the R3. I now have another new battery that fits correctly just like the OEM battery. The Battery Plus data base and web site now reflect the correct replacement batteries for the R3. Infor below:

XTAX20HL-BS Xtreme Permaseal Battery Rocket 3 Triumph Motorcycle
Item number: XTAX20HL-BS
Weight: 13.8900 lbs
Voltage: 12V
Capacity: 18AH
CCA: 310

How it compares to the Odyssey PC625 below

Odyssey Sealed Jet Ski, Powersport Battery -PC625
Item number: PC625-P
Weight: 13.2000 lbs
Voltage: 12V
Capacity: 18AH
CCA: 265

Just got the same thing here in Vancouver BC Canada at Edmonds batteries.
Got a 30% off coupon from their booth at the motorcycle show.
It cranks like a hot dam in this cool weather :D
Old on left new of right. Identically sized.

Attachments

• IMG00387.jpg
    IMG00387.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 130
You can only fully recharge Odyssey's battery with their own step-rate charger or one just like it. Battery Tenders will not do the job!

Last edited:
You can only fully recharge Odyssey's battery with their own step-rate cahrger or one just like it. Battery Tenders will not do the job!
Very true ... The chargers are strange the way they operate too. I've noticed mine doing some odd things while my back is turned, I'm wondering if it isn't defective. I was thinking of starting a thread just to see if its normal operation or not. Got to run off to work now, I'll get the part numbers and start asking the guys about it tomorrow.

I also thought my Ultimate charger was defective. It behaves badly sometimes, ala the red lite comes on and it won't charge the 625! It clicks on and off fairly rapidly sometimes, like it's cycling, when the fully-charged green lite is on. Other times it doesn't. Strange. It hasn't exploded, so screw it.

Back