Barnett Clutch Install - To Jutter or Not to Jutter, that is the question

OK, using the Barnett kit, with the first friction plate going in, having the larger center, "if" you leave the judder spring and washer out, it probably will have judder sometimes, when pulled in, sitting idling in neutral. I re-did mine, and replaced that first friction plate, with the larger center, with a stock friction plate, same center as the rest of the plates. No judder spring, or washer, and it's smooth as silk!:);):):)

Yes since the kit has the large ID fiber use the anti judder spring and seat.

Wasn't asking a question :) just saying I am installing it as the instructions for the Barnett kit mentioned the ring and whatnot.

Mine is now in but I haven't got a torque wrench for the bolts so popping for one tomorrow then get her back together. All seems pretty straightforward as long as you take it nice and steady.

Wasn't asking a question :) just saying I am installing it as the instructions for the Barnett kit mentioned the ring and whatnot.

Mine is now in but I haven't got a torque wrench for the bolts so popping for one tomorrow then get her back together. All seems pretty straightforward as long as you take it nice and steady.
Smart thinking, them little spring screw twist off easily. As for the judder stuff I only mentioned it because the kit has the large ID fiber. I use MTC fibers same unsude diameter on everyone so you can't use the amti judder stuff.

Smart thinking, them little spring screw twist off easily. As for the judder stuff I only mentioned it because the kit has the large ID fiber. I use MTC fibers same unsude diameter on everyone so you can't use the amti judder stuff.

Ah right, got you. I left the anti judder stuff in, can’t see why you wouldn’t if it will fit with new clutch.

Ah right, got you. I left the anti judder stuff in, can’t see why you wouldn’t if it will fit with new clutch.
Your right unless your using a fiber kit that does not use the stuff like I do. I am not sure about the Busa kit Carpenter sells for the Rocket. I also have a different clutch basket
DSCF2224.JPG

DSCF2225.JPG

plus use a external return spring for the lifter shaft.

2009_10030001.JPG

Your right unless your using a fiber kit that does not use the stuff like I do. I am not sure about the Busa kit Carpenter sells for the Rocket. I also have a different clutch basket
DSCF2224.JPG

DSCF2225.JPG

plus use a external return spring for the lifter shaft.

2009_10030001.JPG
That billet basket is sweet, a billet basket and busa plates and fibers is all I want for Christmas :cool:

I removed my judder spring when installing mtc fibers with Barnett springs. I have no issues with judder. The new clutch hooks up much better off the line and the bike wheelies much better now then it did stock. Im happy with the judder removal.

Why do you use the external spring? Less to go wrong inside?
It was experimental, eliminating the chance of loosing its internal placement plus if you wrap it to much it puts a strain on the end of the lifter shaft. Which is quite weak looking in my opinion. Anyway it probably dosen't matter but I like the guaranteed function it does. I also use longer stronger clutch spring bolts. Again my opinion a improvement in strength. Blow up a internal clutch hub and you will start looking for weak points agead of time. Oh and your arse will take a big bite out of the seat.

Back