Back in the saddle!

JSHRAM

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
After nearly taking a dirt - nap because of a hitch - hiking deer last September, I finally swung my leg over my new Rocket and drove it to Phoenix stacking a glorious 520 miles on her... return trip tomorrow.

Loved it. No shifting down, ever! A few picks of the trip plus a pic of my boy, Indy, who helped me re-hab from the bed to wheelchair to walker to cane to Rocket!

just where are you from where do you call home?
Cedar City, UT... drove to Vegas (200 miles) on the first day to see how I'd do.. worked out good.. then to Phoenix on day two (320) with even less troubles as I got used to the beast.

I'm headed home tomorow and will probably head through Payson to Lake Mary Road to Flagstaff then to Jacobs Lake (north rim of the Grand Canyon) to home (500+ miles).. I have no doubt the girl will take me the whole way in one day if I can get an early start. It's going to be warm here tomorrow, 86F, so if leave early for the northern route I can avoid the heat and be in the pink of spring weather in the great South West.... but no deer hitch-hikers... no.. not going to pick them up.. you should have seen what they did to my Valkyrie.. sniff.... and I do miss that bike, it was a gem.. but turn on the torque of this beast and miss her no more.... :laugh:

Way to go, JSHRAM!

Sounds to me like a double Triumph - new bike and an astounding recovery.:thumbsup:

Good boy, Indy!!!;)

Last edited:
Your a lucky guy to be living out in that neck of the woods... I shipped my bike out to Salt Lake City,Utah and flew out there to go to Sturgis. There's a hot sulfur spring in White Sulfur Spring,Montana about 485 miles north of Salt Lake City. They say the Indians came from all over to use it as a healing destination and for hundreds of years it's been visited by American settlers up until the present. I stayed in the pool for about 5 hours it felt pretty good after a long ride.:thumbsup:

Spa Hot Springs Motel & Clinic - Home

Last edited:
Cedar City, UT... drove to Vegas (200 miles) on the first day to see how I'd do.. worked out good.. then to Phoenix on day two (320) with even less troubles as I got used to the beast.

I'm headed home tomorow and will probably head through Payson to Lake Mary Road to Flagstaff then to Jacobs Lake (north rim of the Grand Canyon) to home (500+ miles).. I have no doubt the girl will take me the whole way in one day if I can get an early start. It's going to be warm here tomorrow, 86F, so if leave early for the northern route I can avoid the heat and be in the pink of spring weather in the great South West.... but no deer hitch-hikers... no.. not going to pick them up.. you should have seen what they did to my Valkyrie.. sniff.... and I do miss that bike, it was a gem.. but turn on the torque of this beast and miss her no more.... :laugh:
chandler to payson to winslow nice ride, real nice place (los posadas)in winslow to eat or stay me I usually go payson Holbrook way (but that's to my place)cedar city nice place to ride

Welcome from one of the Aussies, great to hear that you had a full recovery and wasn't put off riding :thumbsup:

Back