Back from South Dakota

I had some of the same experiences last year when I went.. including trying to outrun a storm, but with two Harleys following, I couldn't run near as fast as I wanted to.. lol We did out run it though, but it was so awesome watching the huge, spinning mass of clouds.. wondering if a tornado was about to pop out at any moment.. :)

Glad to see ya made it back safe!

Link Removed

That thing whatever it is looks like a conglomeration of crap on 2 wheels. I especially like the 55 amp alternator hanging down in the breeze behind the front wheel. Excuse me. I see it's a Boss Hoss or Total Loss or whatever. Wonder if Jay Leno would get caught riding one......?

Last edited:
The one I rode wasn't as radical as this one and only had the small V8 engine, but it was "more" of a rush when you hit the throttle than the R3.

What a trip!

This is not the specific one I saddled up on but you get the idea.

The strangest part of riding this unit is the "no clutch" concept. You simply hold the front brake & shift it into first gear. You feel the engine pulling if you let off the brake & simply cannot hold the bike back without the brake (at idle). They recommend not shifting into second until at least 55 mph and first gear will take you up to 120 mph. Grab second & whack it & you're off to the races. It also has a reverse in that auto trans unit.

In neutral, throttling the engine gives more "torque roll" of the bike than the R3 does. Imagine that.

Flip, what are you compairing me to? There is not rider on the bike that Raymond posted so the comparison is to what? Thanks buddy. See if I ever step up & volunteer (as only an idiot would) to shack up with you again ;).

See ya.

Rusty

Shoot Rusty,Iam jelous as hell..How much was that black one your sitting on??I want a new Busa but If I get my inheritance (hahaha) I'd like to get a Hoss to.They sound cool to and you can get parts at every auto store you pass..Rather go out on one of them than laying In a hospital hooked up to life support,Its quicker and saves money..Did It feel real heavy??I can start working out.He He Crazy Jack Oh and blowers are cheaper for them than a Rocket..Getten another woody..Thats 3 this year..

Rusty,

Did they mention what kind of MPG you can expect from one of those?

With it being a tad lighter than a Silverado I wonder how much better the MPG is?

Curious Tony

Jack, they are a heavy machine but the balance is nice. I think they put a 260mm rear tire on 'em to assist in keeping them upright. I was a little apprehensive (just as I was on my first Rocket ride) but within a moment or two, I knew I could handle the beast. I don't know what it would take to get one back on its feet, maybe 3 guys & an overhead hoist. As you might tell from the photo, I'm not a big guy but I felt real comfortable handling it around, even in slow turns out of the parking lot. Seat sits lower than the stock Rocket. The manifold puts off lots of heat as you might expect. Your legs are right there, unless you purposefully hold them out away from the heat source. Sitting for long periods of time, as you do trying to get through town (as much as 30 minutes due to bike congestion and numerous stop signs), would be a real cooker. It was like that on the Rocket. Black asphalt streets and 90+ temps made the challenge pf getting through town extremely uncomfortable. Then the Rocket would turn on the cooling/heating fans :(.

I believe they start at about $40K to $45K (maybe a little less), then all the bells & whistles come into play. The one I am poised on was priced at $46K. Saw one with a $52K price tag.

Tony, I don't recall "exactly" what the MPG is but I do recall hearing "that is the drawback" on such a machine. I'm thinking 18 to 22 MPG. It's a real guzzler if you can't control your right wrist.

See ya.

Rusty

Thanks Rusty,sounds like they are being improved every year..By the time I can save enough money they should be perfect..But I'll be gone..Come on inheritance...Te ha Jack

Back